Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manzai

Thread author
Hello :)

Are you like ESET or Qihoo ;)

For me

ESET : Good detection, very light but bad in 0-day malware (No configuration)

Qihoo : Very good detection, light but too many false positive and update for BD and Avira engine (1 update / day )

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
the sandbox is not relieable
the main point is if you want something simple for basic user or intermediate user 360IS is the best but unfortunately it will be discontinue and we are back to MSE or forticlient.

You expect or think that 360IS is going to be discontinued or it's an actual fact that it will.
Why would they work on a TS Beta and stuff if being discontinued would be near. I think Quihoo360 has a lot of time to stay in the market if not winning at it.

Reactions: nissimezra

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
And most of them are using Bitdefender engine, like it's on sale :D
There is no AV that could get engine or definitions from Kaspersky, ESET or Norton (PC Tools used to use Norton definitions in the past)

It's nice that BitDefender is actually giving their SDK's for other manufacturers. Else it'd be like you patent everything you own, and not share the knowledge and resources. Apple? :D

Reactions: BoraMurdar

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
You expect or think that 360IS is going to be discontinued or it's an actual fact that it will.
Why would they work on a TS Beta and stuff if being discontinued would be near. I think Quihoo360 has a lot of time to stay in the market if not winning at it.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your support to 360safe.

computer healthiness. Aside from security function like internet security, it offers other powerful functions like PC optimization and disk cleanup feature.

360 Total Security is our successor product of 360 Internet Security. It’ll replace 360 IS as our main PC security product in the near future.

So again, thank you and please feel free to contact us anytime you have any question or suggestion about our product.

Kind regards,

Emily

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Email: support@360safe.com

Reactions: darko999

Johan Peterson

Level 1
May 20, 2014
I am not trying to bash 360 as a bad software. Used both, the topic was ESET or Qihoo . Tried both, and I am just saying that if you go "under the hood" with ESET, you can set it up for maximum protection easier. It is just my opinion. Just Google it.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I am not trying to bash 360 as a bad software. Used both, the topic was ESET or Qihoo . Tried both, and I am just saying that if you go "under the hood" with ESET, you can set it up for maximum protection easier. It is just my opinion. Just Google it.
for me MSE is enough, but I need something for other users, 360IS is the best free option.
no registration
no config
no payment
no add-on toolbars
download, install, forget.
the best option.

Reactions: yigido

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your support to 360safe.

computer healthiness. Aside from security function like internet security, it offers other powerful functions like PC optimization and disk cleanup feature.

360 Total Security is our successor product of 360 Internet Security. It’ll replace 360 IS as our main PC security product in the near future.

So again, thank you and please feel free to contact us anytime you have any question or suggestion about our product.

Kind regards,

Emily

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Email: support@360safe.com

At least we will have QuihooTS which is great anyway.

Reactions: Kent and nissimezra

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
Tried Qihoo IS back in the spring, and on first scan I had six false positives. It was immediately uninstalled. It's free, but they are making money some how on it, so I simply don't trust it either.

Been using Eset for years now, and their scanner is one of the best. Very good PUP detection, and web scanner is top notch too. Eset in the wild detection is hands down the champ. Yes it costs, but I always buy it on sale. Some times you do get what you pay for, and in this case it's closed.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Tried Qihoo IS back in the spring, and on first scan I had six false positives. It was immediately uninstalled. It's free, but they are making money some how on it, so I simply don't trust it either.

Been using Eset for years now, and their scanner is one of the best. Very good PUP detection, and web scanner is top notch too. Eset in the wild detection is hands down the champ. Yes it costs, but I always buy it on sale. Some times you do get what you pay for, and in this case it's closed.
I do agree that it has false positive but eset has.
I tested both on unknown malware Eset fail where 360 was capable of blocking ransomware from adding entry to startup.
reboot with ESET and system was blocked
reboot with 360IS no signe of the ransomware

3 tests

Reactions: Kent

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
it isn't a bad idea but i don't need it. in a machine that i don't use online banking i have no need in any AV. if you know well enough your OS, the process running and to check startup entry and tasks any basic AV will do the job.
thats why for me the most important things when install AV is performance.
just have 2 backups of the file and image to restore and I'm ok.

kind regards

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I switched from Windows 8.1.1 to Ubuntu 14.04 lts. It took me awhile to get used to Ubuntu, but after reading things in here and watching videos on you tube I'm starting to like it. To me Ubuntu doesn't have half the bugs Windows does. So far smooth sailing. I'm using Google Chrome 64 bit stable as my default browser, and when I tried to come into this site here Chrome blocked it and said Google had found malware on MalwareTips and this site wasn't safe. That is the first time that has ever happened to me. This site being blocked. Has it happened to any of you before?

Reactions: darko999 and Kent

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
it isn't a bad idea but i don't need it. in a machine that i don't use online banking i have no need in any AV. if you know well enough your OS, the process running and to check startup entry and tasks any basic AV will do the job.
thats why for me the most important things when install AV is performance.
just have 2 backups of the file and image to restore and I'm ok.

kind regards

Try scanning with an on-demand scanner like MBAM, and see if you got surprises :D

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Try scanning with an on-demand scanner like MBAM, and see if you got surprises :D
i already did, and i am using ESET and with eset it is hard to be infected. not every file that MBAM find is a real danger, their can be some non active files, this is not an active infection.
dont believe everything the scanners tell you.

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I switched from Windows 8.1.1 to Ubuntu 14.04 lts. It took me awhile to get used to Ubuntu, but after reading things in here and watching videos on you tube I'm starting to like it. To me Ubuntu doesn't have half the bugs Windows does. So far smooth sailing. I'm using Google Chrome 64 bit stable as my default browser, and when I tried to come into this site here Chrome blocked it and said Google had found malware on MalwareTips and this site wasn't safe. That is the first time that has ever happened to me. This site being blocked. Has it happened to any of you before?

Not exactly what you sharing here, but I had a lot of issues with Firefox, most of the time downloading legit files from this forum ended in a "Malware warnining message" from Firefox when downloading was ending, it was their new feature "Sending .exe info to google servers to protect you". Whatever, the file was safe and clean, the thing is FF wasn't giving me the chance to allow this download by my self decision, so I had to go to about:config to disable this feature and to finally download the legit file. After a couple of days with this issue I perma unistalled FF from my computer, and bring Pale Moon in. No more issues.
But as "This" Web site being blocked, never happened to me.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
i already did, and i am using ESET and with eset it is hard to be infected. not every file that MBAM find is a real danger, their can be some non active files, this is not an active infection.
dont believe everything the scanners tell you.

I thought you weren't using any antivirus from your previous posts :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.