Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Hey guys I use Qihoo 360 TS so far loved it is very light, good detection rate, external device scanner is good is as well..

But the problem is it lacks firewall protection so what other firewall should I use so that it wont clash with 360 TS ?

Also read in 360 TS latest update that it plays good with other AV's so should I use ESET Smart Security 8 with it or Bitdefender TS 2015 ?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hey guys I use Qihoo 360 TS so far loved it is very light, good detection rate, external device scanner is good is as well..

But the problem is it lacks firewall protection so what other firewall should I use so that it wont clash with 360 TS ?

Also read in 360 TS latest update that it plays good with other AV's so should I use ESET Smart Security 8 with it or Bitdefender TS 2015 ?
If u are an advanced user I would recommend u to use Comodo Firewall. A wide range of configuration available within it.
If u are a home user Windows Firewall would be a great companion for 360 TS. If u want to play around add Windows Firewall Control Program to for extra configuration.
No need to run any other programs alongside. But u can add an ondemand scanner like ESET Online scanner / Hitman Pro / MBAM / Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
If u are an advanced user I would recommend u to use Comodo Firewall. A wide range of configuration available within it.
If u are a home user Windows Firewall would be a great companion for 360 TS. If u want to play around add Windows Firewall Control Program to for extra configuration.
No need to run any other programs alongside. But u can add an ondemand scanner like ESET Online scanner / Hitman Pro / MBAM / Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Yes about ondemand scanner I couldn't find a good one can you suggest me a good one or two because I found many users who use Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware so I am confused with it ..

And yeah I am an advanced user and am thinking of switching back to Commodo Firewall but the problem is Commodo Firewall some how slows the virtual machines on my PC

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
if u sitting behind a router u dont need a firewall if u have vista and above. add a extra firewall is just bload. but if u use a laptop and often in public places than ofc a firewall is a nice choice. I would than go with comodo firewall. The safest way is to use a vpn service with encrypted connection.

I am a home user but no router protection and can you suggest good VPN services .. I have configured my dns with Yandex dns service

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I am a home user but no router protection and can you suggest good VPN services .. I have configured my dns with Yandex dns service
u can try Open dns or Google public dns. both are most of the time the fastest out whatever country u are+ google dns have 100% upptime.U can test wich dns is the fastest with this tool(https://code.google.com/p/namebench/) as a vpn provider i am use cyberghost( http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/de) because they dont log anything from ur activity and it is one of the biggest and trusted providers out there.

Edit: i see u have no on demand scanner? If u know how to handle false positive and are a advanced user u can check this tool out(http://www.herdprotect.com/) for me its better than hmp and malwarebytes.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yes about ondemand scanner I couldn't find a good one can you suggest me a good one or two because I found many users who use Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware so I am confused with it ..

And yeah I am an advanced user and am thinking of switching back to Commodo Firewall but the problem is Commodo Firewall some how slows the virtual machines on my PC
I recommend u to use MBAM and Hitman Pro to scan over ur downloaded files [Dont forget to mark the links for adding them in the context menu], and use Emsisoft Emergency Kit once in 15 days. This would help ur PC stay healthy.
I believe Firewall doesnt slows the VM, indeed i dont know the exact reason because i'm not a user of VM :p. I guess @illumination and @Cats-4_Owners-2 have experience in these stuffs since they use VM's.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I recommend u to use MBAM and Hitman Pro to scan over ur downloaded files [Dont forget to mark the links for adding them in the context menu], and use Emsisoft Emergency Kit once in 15 days. This would help ur PC stay healthy.
I believe Firewall doesnt slows the VM, indeed i dont know the exact reason because i'm not a user of VM :p. I guess @illumination and @Cats-4_Owners-2 have experience in these stuffs since they use VM's.
Comodo Firewall is one of those "..always meant to try it but haven't gotten around to it yet" software goodies I've not yet sampled!:p
I 'did' run it by the illuminated one, though, whom expounded:

"Interesting... CFW needs to have exceptions made for what ever Virtual machine software he is using, whether VirtualBox or VMware".

S

Sr. Normal

I previously had Qihoo 360 TS with Online Armor Free Firewall. But having repeated choices and having to be setting here and canceling there, I came to the conclusion that Qihoo + Windows Firewall gave me the defense I needed and lighter than with another firewall.

I bet by Qihoo , and run ESET online scan once a week.

Greetings to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.