Qihoo and testing labs: Multiple engine technology explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well a statement like this makes Qihoo in such danger, cause if testing organization main body publish of concrete screenshots of a main engine can be deactivated which differ for vendors + performance test comparison then its a very critical condition.

Better yet Qihoo should admit or make a public apology.

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have never used Qihoo but they need to make this right with an admission and an apology i think. :(

D

Deleted member 21043

Well a statement like this makes Qihoo in such danger, cause if testing organization main body publish of concrete screenshots of a main engine can be deactivated which differ for vendors + performance test comparison then its a very critical condition.

Better yet Qihoo should admit or make a public apology.
I have never used Qihoo but they need to make this right with an admission and an apology i think. :(
I think if Qihoo did the apology instead of trying to make excuses they would go a lot further than how they will with their reputation trying to make excuses.

Even if they never cheated and told the truth, not many would believe them compared to the amount who would believe the testing companies... So it would just effect their reputation for them to even try to argue.

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Qihoo says "This configuration was explicitly declared upon submission of the tests, and was thereafter confirmed by the test labs."

I don't think that AV test companies discovered this fact just recently. While testing they must have noticed which feature is turned ON which one is not. So it must be known to AV test companies that qihoo has submitted a altered version.

So why is it that AV test companies are having problem now after so many years of testing?

Tinm

Level 3
Verified
Oct 23, 2013
Qihoo says "This configuration was explicitly declared upon submission of the tests, and was thereafter confirmed by the test labs."

I don't think that AV test companies discovered this fact just recently. While testing they must have noticed which feature is turned ON which one is not. So it must be known to AV test companies that qihoo has submitted a altered version.

So why is it that AV test companies are having problem now after so many years of testing?

Payment negotiations have failed. ;)

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
China was the most developed country 4,000 years ago,2000 years ago,and will be again in few years.
Any product from China should be treated with,if not respect,at least with decent,reasonable attitude.
Bear in mind that everybody is innocent,until proven guilty.

Sorry,where there is smoke there is fire! Please Explain Great Cannon?
Please explain why China abused their certificate authority and has now been removed from ALL Google and Mozilla products. Qihoo has been caught out before,see AV Comparatives 2014 report on mobile products. There is a whole laundry list of things I could list,but there is a pattern to what Chinese software/hardware developers guilty of. This is just one more incident. And before you accuse other's,we are only talking about one countries venders and not the whole IT industry.

akuigla

Level 1
Verified
Oct 29, 2013
Sorry,where there is smoke there is fire! Please Explain Great Cannon?
Please explain why China abused their certificate authority and has now been removed from ALL Google and Mozilla products. Qihoo has been caught out before,see AV Comparatives 2014 report on mobile products. There is a whole laundry list of things I could list,but there is a pattern to what Chinese software/hardware developers guilty of. This is just one more incident. And before you accuse other's,we are only talking about one countries venders and not the whole IT industry.

Is it not allowed to all to arrange own house as they want?

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014

Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't face that problem for whatever reason. I wasn't even aware of it and I have been using it on various computers for years.

We get it... you are upset and lashing out at those that point out the shady practices of Chinese software. Facing the music can sometimes suck, but it's reality, get over it.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
We get it... you are upset and lashing out at those that point out the shady practices of Chinese software. Facing the music can sometimes suck, but it's reality, get over it.

I hoped you would include this in the bolded statement above if that's how you wanted to phrase a comment. Are you being judged by the actions of other men in your country? For instance in America, it's been recorded as having the highest divorce rates in the world. Does that mean Americans are not worth getting married to? Or just because you tasted hot'n spicy food from India which might not be of your tastes, does that mean all of their/our food would taste bad to you?

It's time people stopped posting comments that deals with communal hatred. Although I'm not from China, it feels bad to see these comments. Back on topic if you are choosing/changing a product simply based on the reviews at the independent labs comparative websites, then I feel sorry for you. Sorry if any part of my comment felt a bit harsh.

Last edited:
Reactions: WinXPert

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
I hoped you would include this in the bolded statement above if that's how you wanted to phrase a comment. Are you being judged by the actions of other men in your country? For instance in America, it's been recorded as having the highest divorce rates in the world. Does that mean Americans are not worth getting married to? Or just because you tasted hot'n spicy food from India which might not be of your tastes, does that mean all of their/our food would taste bad to you?

It's time people stopped posting comments that deals with communal hatred. Although I'm not from China, it feels bad to see comments of deBack on topic if you are choosing/changing a product simply based on the reviews at the independent labs comparative websites, then I feel sorry for you. Sorry if any part of my comment felt a bit harsh.

There is a BIG difference (like how I put that in BOLD for you?) between a persons taste in food and what they are doing. Please come again with something better than that. I have no hatred just wouldn't ever use their software. Their people are suppressed, human rights issues, underpaid, overworked, they copy and make fake junk of all things, they pollute and have a terrible track record for all things. Did anyone see the recent Vice show on HBO showing how they hire Americans to pretend to be doctors, businessmen, and all other sorts of professions? It was crazy! A recent example, one of MANY showing the baloney out of that place...

High levels of formaldehyde found in Chinese-made floors sold in North America...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1594273/h...in-chinese-made-floors-sold-in-north-america/

Examples of what Vice touched on...

RENT A WHITE GUY...

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/07/rent-a-white-guy/308119/

http://www.businessinsider.com/now-...in-suits-to-make-the-country-look-good-2010-6

http://www.vice.com/read/lazy-and-white-go-teach-in-china

China's Illegal Organ-Harvesting Trade Is Still Booming...

http://www.vice.com/read/china-are-still-harvesting-prisoners-organs-329

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
If you would like to hear the same about various other countries from Google Search, I probably would have a longer list than yours for each.

I'll just be waiting for the above comments to be deleted, including mine. Thank you for the participation.

Paulky

Level 1
Verified
Apr 27, 2015
This is completely irrelevant.

It doesn't matter what country it came from. If they cheated, they cheated. If they didn't, then they didn't. No matter if it came from China, UK, USA, Romania, Germany,.. It wouldn't give them rights to cheat!
Qihoo is stating that AV-C knew before, during, and after testing the product its characteristics and differences.Is this calling cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.