Qihoo and testing labs: Multiple engine technology explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
If you would like to hear the same about various other countries from Google Search, I probably would have a longer list than yours for each.

I'll just be waiting for the above comments to be deleted, including mine. Thank you for the participation.

You are quite welcome and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to showcase it without suppression.

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Qihoo is stating that AV-C knew before, during, and after testing the product its characteristics and differences.Is this calling cheating?

Do you believe anything they say? Look at their track record for years.

Paulky

Level 1
Verified
Apr 27, 2015
Someone say there are commercial plots,because the 360TS has more than 200 million users.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Qihoo is stating that AV-C knew before, during, and after testing the product its characteristics and differences. Is this calling cheating?
If you are going to use my words, or that of any other member, with your talking points, at least have the courtesy to put them in "quote". thanks.

Volnus

May 11, 2015
I would also like to point out that this is not a big deal. The testing group even stated this could have LOWERED protection scores. Get over the fact they turned replaced 1 engine. I hardly call it cheating and you could quickly turn around and point fingers at the testing group because they clearly should not be using programs that are submitted, but downloading them like anyone else would. Can we honestly sit here and say that no other antivirus company has tried to manipulate ratings?

It would be unreasonable to do so, they are just one of the few that got caught.

NOT TO MENTION

They explicitly stated the configuration before submission or so they claim. It's also kind of hard to believe we should be turning to these testing groups all the time if they can't tell if a product has been modified before testing. (or bother to read the apparent submission stating so).

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
I think it's you that needs to get over the fact that they cheated and were caught. It was downloaded. A few that got caught? To the best of my knowledge they are the only ones that have ever cheated. You are guessing at things and reaching big time! There's no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.