Battle Qihoo Total Security VS kaspersky internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
i would go with kaspersky.Quit light the newer version, nice detection rate, nice proactive and if u choose kis u got a top notch firewall+ u have more settings to play with

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Van2r

Level 1
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
my vote is for Qihoo far better in performance which is much important for me.(just do a full scan with kaspersky i have near 200g files and i never saw that full scan get finish! every version i used! but i'll accpet 2015 version is better than older ones)
also kaspersky is heavy not just performance but price :)
detection(an important factor for security),performance qihoo>kaspersky you could find better firewalls than kasper(comodo,zonalarm... etc)
but i like kaspersky GUI which is too good and cant be denied :p

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've been using KIS 2015 since it's release and have found very little impact on performance, but I have 32GB of RAM so it may impact differently on other systems.

Reactions: BIgD1

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
KIS has so many settings to play with that Qihoo does not even come close. Use interactive and set application control to high restricted or untrusted, and it's a tank. KIS also has Trusted Applications Mode which is default deny whitelisting, and this type of protection is used in corporate IT infrastructures. It's blacklisting and whitelisting. KIS also has screen locker protection too that is used manually with a combination of key presses to unlock screen. KIS has a roll back feature that can roll back malware actions, and Kaspersky has been one of the best at cleaning infections. Add in the highly rated firewall, and KIS can be a beast.

Sure Qihoo is free, and if I could not pay for PC security I would use it myself. Plenty of discounts on the net popping up here and there, and KIS can be bought cheap. Some tmes for free with mail in rebate.

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Throughout the years Kaspersky was and still is the best IS brand (followed by Norton). Unlike McAfee witch degraded over time Kaspersky keeps growing better. I do not use any of the mentioned suites but I would vote for KIS in every possible debate.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm not too sure whether I would trust Qihoo. Kaspersky has features that that make other anti-malware solutions look dismal i.e., ZETA, application control, exploit prevention the ability to roll back malware action(s) plus cryptolocker protection.

Last edited:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I would choose Kaspersky because they do actually analyze malware, are among the first to offer a detection for new complex malware and they have the ability to discover and comprehend malware trends worldwide. Qihoo has to wait for Kaspersky, ESET and other industry leaders with actual malware labs to detect stuff first, so they can add it to their database later as "Trojan.Generic".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.