Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
tysquZb.jpg

October 25, 2013
Version 4.5.0

Virus Database Included: Oct 25, 2013

Supported Systems: Windows XP 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

What's new?:

1. Supports Windows 8.1 RTM.
2. Fixed Sandbox display issue when system text size changes.
3. Other bug fixes.

http://360safe.com/update_pc.html

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Sad to say, but it actually seems to have gotten worse. There is now more of a significant delay between the end of a Qihoo def update and when on access detection starts.

Hate to admit it, but this is unacceptable.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I stopped using Qihoo a month or so ago. I was finding that issue with the elevated CPU usage was also unacceptable. Hopefully they'll square things away and listen to some of the users issues. On the flip side Baidu AV seems to be improving and adding some new items.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I'm in the process of doing a recheck on BAV 4 beta, but wish the raw detection was better.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
It seems that the finally fixed the update issue with avira sigs. The detection rate seemed decent but I haven't had time to thoroughly test it out.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I like Baidu. Dear cruelsis, if you're worried about Baidu not doing so well as Qihu in proactive, then, please, remind me again why you use Comodo FW together with it? We know Qihu is a little better than Baidu in its proactive module, but it is not enough if it's not "perfect", and Comodo is "perfect", that is, close enough to being perfect. While they're improving their proactive defenses, Baidu have apparently fixed for good the update problems, and have established themselves to me as one of the best AV detection rates along with a very, very lightweight dual engine. It's certainly one of the lightest AVs out there. Their only outstanding problem now – i.e. apart from other minor issues – is with the still high number of FPs, but I'm sure they're working on it too.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
My goal has been to find a free product or product combination that would be as foolproof as possible so anyone can use it, limiting as much as possible the opportunity to make a poor choice. I recommended CIS for quite a while until a number of people got infected. I soon realized I was making an assumption about Comodo's HIPS alerts- that people could read/would read/could understand what they were reading. Bad assumption.

So although I still was fond of Comodo's Firewall and Sandbox, I felt that the HIPS module would need to be Disabled and something more intuitively obvious should take its place. Qihoo's Proactive module seemed to fit the bill. The AV detection is good, Comodo Cloud is additive to it, and the Proactive mode did detect a wide range of threats with a simple default Block presented to the user.

I was hoping for improvements as the product matured, but this new version seems to be an ominous step backward.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
In terms of security Qihoo 360 internet security is very good. comparable to top security products.
they are improving fast.
Soon they will dominate free security market.
A must try.
all of three antivrus engine works great.
Bitdefender, QVM engine and 360 cloud engine.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
That unexcusable late startup problem is still there?
The idea of a security program is to prevent threats etc and if your system is clean then i find the late start-up of protection a minor issue to be honest.

Some products do not start until the windows services have loaded etc.
Kaspersky does the same and its function is to allow your computer to boot up more quickly.This of course can be changed but you would be sacrificing the boot up speed.

Reactions: House_maniac

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Well, so many antiviruses can protect you as soon as they say you are protected, I can't see why Qihu is incapable of that.

If your system is clean, you want it to remain clean. Why should the user have to wait an untold number of minutes to be protected? There are numerous technologies that can be used to make for a quicker startup, such as skipping known boot items etc; but skipping protection of all files with no warning and for a few minutes, is to me still inexcusable. Even Qihu admit this is a problem.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Qihu 360 Internet Security Version: 4.8.0.4800 released:

What's new? in v.4.8.0.4800 :

1. 360 Internet Security 2013 is now 360 Internet Security.
2. Supports themes.
3. Supports auto update.
4. Unified installer (supports both 32-bit and 64-bit).
5. Supports Windows 8.1

http://www.360safe.com/news/?cat=1

Download

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.