Quad Config

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Thanks for sharing your config with us here at MalwareTips, here are my suggestions:
- Set updates to automatic
- Enable SmartScreen
- Add 1/2 more on-demand scanners such as Zemana AM or Crystal Security
- For Firefox, I would add uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere and Decentraleyes

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What version of ESS are you running as in 8,9 or the new Internet Security 10 ?
ESS licenses will activate ESET Internet Security 10 which you can install without removing your current ESS version.
As for manual OS updates what is your setting "Never Check For Updates" / "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" / "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" ?
Important updates should be installed.
Any browser extensions or ad blocker ? Consider HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin in FF
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner such as Zemana Antimalware
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: JM Safe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Your configuration is fine, I highly suggest to follow the recommendations mentioned by other members.

Optional: Add a backup browser so that you can trace what are the possible issues.

Quad

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 2, 2013
Thanks all for your inputs and suggestions.

What version of ESS are you running as in 8,9 or the new Internet Security 10 ?
ESS licenses will activate ESET Internet Security 10 which you can install without removing your current ESS version.
As for manual OS updates what is your setting "Never Check For Updates" / "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" / "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" ?
Important updates should be installed.
Any browser extensions or ad blocker ? Consider HTTPS Everywhere and uBlock Origin in FF
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner such as Zemana Antimalware
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Currently I'm running ESS 9, I didn't have enough time to test the newer version and upgrade to it yet. As for Windows update setting, it's "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", I usually install updates after reviewing them.

I use ABP to block ads, and considering to switch to uBlock Origin.

I used to have Zemana Antimalware, my license is still valid, but recently I've been trying to simplify my security setup.

Cheers.

F

ForgottenSeer 56325

Add more on-demand scanners like Zemana or Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and also add HTTPS Everywhere, Ublock, and if you want a VPN to your browser

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.