Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/quantum777-hardware.88372/

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Be sure to enable "Application Control" in Panda Dome which is usually very effective with unknown exe malware, also Data Shield (but may fail protecting data against ransomware), on the other hand I would pair it with NVT OSA, or apply NVT SysHardener (Suggested Tweaks good enough) to mitigate scripts attack vector where Panda Dome is quite weak...

Remove Panda Dome as Virus and Malware Removal Tools, since it is already Your real-time protection, here I would consider HitMan.Pro Free, Norton Power Eraser and MalwareBytes Free...

I would also consider to run backups of important data to external devices.

Thanks for sharing :giggle:

Last edited:

Quantum777

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 28, 2012
Be sure to enable "Application Control" in Panda Dome which is usually very effective with unknown exe malware, also Data Shield (but may fail protecting data against ransomware), on the other hand I would pair it with NVT OSA, or apply NVT SysHardener (Suggested Tweaks good enough) to mitigate scripts attack vector where Panda Dome is quite weak...

Remove Panda Dome as Virus and Malware Removal Tools, since it is already Your real-time protection, here I would consider HitMan.Pro Free, Norton Power Eraser and MalwareBytes Free...

I would also consider to run backups of important data to external devices.

Thanks for sharing :giggle:
I actually have lifetime licences for MalwareBytes and Zemana Antilogger, however they both lost my confidence in them over the past few years and I have not yet started to use them again as I am reasonably careful checking unknown websites and scanning downloads.
Do you think MalwareBytes and Zemana have got their software back in oirder?
I also stopped using CCleaner, it seemed like all my favourites over the last few years have let themselves down.
Out of the three which do you now believe have redeemed themselves?
I miss them all, they were my trusted friends! :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.