Advice Request Queries on Anti-Malware Premium Features

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

Would like to ask about the additional features for the Premium Version:

Malicious Website Blocking
Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.

Real-time protection
Detects malware automatically in real-time, before it can infect.

Hyper Scan Mode
Scans faster by only looking for active threats

Scan/Database Update Scheduler
Enables you to schedule automatic scans and database updates.

Malwarebytes Chameleon Driver
Prevents malware from terminating Malwarebytes or modifying its processes.

1) Does the malicious website blocking is similar to what Adguard is performing? Currently my Adguard is blocking/ alerting those sites. Would that be a conflict if both of them running?

2) The Chameleon Driver says it prevent from terminating MBAM. Does it mean that you are not able to kill of the MBAM prog. in the task Mgr?

Thanks!

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
H

hjlbx

Hi,

Would like to ask about the additional features for the Premium Version:

1) Does the malicious website blocking is similar to what Adguard is performing? Currently my Adguard is blocking/ alerting those sites. Would that be a conflict if both of them running?

2) The Chameleon Driver says it prevent from terminating MBAM. Does it mean that you are not able to kill of the MBAM prog. in the task Mgr?

Thanks!

1) Should not be conflict, but one might alert before the other... same as when browser blocks website before other installed web filtering.

2) It is so malware cannot disable MBAM drivers. Also, you should not be able to kill MBAM via Task Mgr even if running as Admin (whether having Chameleon or not).

H

hjlbx

Other than Realtime Protection & Malicious Website Blocking no special feature.

Nothing really to speak of...

any how, decent replacement for Windows Defender if you combine with other softs - like AppGuard, Sandboxie, etc - like I said in one of your other threads.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks!
Well, this justifies me whether I should get it or not the lifetime license. Seems that I can save that sum as I have alternative programs that covers what MBAM Premium does.

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks!
Well, this justifies me whether I should get it or not the lifetime license. Seems that I can save that sum as I have alternative programs that covers what MBAM Premium does.
How much is the Lifetime version costing???

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Maybe you should go for it. MBAM is always a great tool besides AV. You may regret for not buying it after few years.

Malicious Website Blocking - Prevents access to and from known malicious webpages.
I have Adguard Lifetime License, combined with Cyscon Shield extension.

Real-time protection - Detects malware automatically in real-time, before it can infect.
I have ZAM 2 yrs license with Pandora Real-Time Protection

Hyper Scan Mode - Scans faster by only looking for active threats
I don't perform scans except the very first scan upon installation.

Scan/Database Update Scheduler - Enables you to schedule automatic scans and database updates.

Malwarebytes Chameleon Driver - Prevents malware from terminating Malwarebytes or modifying its processes.
NVT ERP in lockdown mode + ZAm Pandora + EAM BB should prevent malware from execution on the first hand. Even if it does, I still have SD.

Not to say it's not good or bad. It's just that at this time, I do not feel it's necessary anymore.
Cheers!:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely a worth to have if you are fully conscious against those possible zero day comprehensive threats since the overall protection is been filtered and rely on the important threats to be include on signatures.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Those are scam because all the legit lifetime license keys is already long long gone. Even if they are, they wouldn't be 40% off because that will be stupid for the rare lifetime license key to have a discount and cost the same price as MBAM 1 year license.

Check the thread posted there. I post a reply there stating there's offering it back for a limited time though we could not verify if the news is true or not. Also, the site itself seems legit as mentioned by one of the member who posted there also.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Check the thread posted there. I post a reply there stating there's offering it back for a limited time though we could not verify if the news is true or not. Also, the site itself seems legit as mentioned by one of the member who posted there also.

But there is a suspicious to me because why does the legit MBAM lifetime license key that will not available anymore cost the same price as 1 year MBAM license key? And there is a lot of pirate lifetime keys also, so there is no doubt that you are going to get legit key or not. If it legit key, than the price should be $100 for the rare legit MBAM lifetime license key not $30.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Hmm, perhaps we should wait if someone who bought the license there to reply here and see if the promotion is valid.

I did posted a thread on Malwarebytes community forum and see what they are going to say. @AdvancedSetup from Malwarebytes community stated is not legit key, but he submitted the site for internally review, so i should see their answer after the holiday. Here is the thread, Is this site legit? - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Malwarebytes Forum

But i agree with you that we should wait until someone buy that and see if it legit key or not.

Last edited:

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I own a lifetime license and even I just install the free version to avoid yet another windows service that the paid version insists on installing even if I don't use the scheduler. Just using it as a second opinion atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.