Advice Request Query Re upgrading to Roboform 8

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardEngland

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 23, 2016
Hi there:)

Currently I am using Roboform Pro version 7.9.26.6. I believe that for use on one device only on Roboform 8 that it is free, should I chose to upgrade. I have two questions relating to this:-

1.) If I decide to upgrade to version 8 should I uninstall the old version 7 first? I know that for say changing from one version to another of version 7, that I can install over the top of the other. However from what I have read version 8 is very different. What do you think?

2.) Is it advisable to upgrade to version 8 and lose the Pro version 7, or would you just stick with the older version?

I look forward to reading your opinions.

Best wishes,

Howard :)

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have never used Roboform to make an informed decision, but there is no going back if you upgrade.

"There is no way to convert RoboForm data from the new format (version 8) to the old format (version 7). However, existing desktop users do retain local copies of their old files in the event that they wish to revert back by re-installing RoboForm 7."​

Download RoboForm Version 8 Beta

New features in v8 can be found here, RoboForm 8 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.