Assigned Question about Zemana Premium real-time protection

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francis de lorraine

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
bonjour j'utilise parfois zemana anti malware premium en conjonction avec mon av principal norton
je fais beaucoup de test en milieu virtualisé grace a sandboxie . Je trouve que la protection en temps réel de zemana est extrêmement faible car quand je fais des test sur des adwares ou pup par exemple elle ne les bloque pas en protection réel mais quand j'analyse avec elle les trouve c'est un exemple ,je pense que si je ne me trompe pas ses analyses recherche plus profondément que sa protection en temps réel ?

---------

Google Translate:

Hello
I sometimes use Zemana Anti-Malware Premium with my main av Norton. I do a lot of testing in virtualized environment, thanks to sandboxie.
I find that the protection in real time of Zemana is extremely weak because when I do tests on adware or pup for example it does not block them in real protection, but when I analyze with it finds them an example. I think that if I am not mistaken his analyzes look deeper than his protection in real time?

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
bonjour j'utilise parfois zemana anti malware premium en conjonction avec mon av principal norton
je fais beaucoup de test en milieu virtualisé grace a sandboxie . Je trouve que la protection en temps réel de zemana est extrêmement faible car quand je fais des test sur des adwares ou pup par exemple elle ne les bloque pas en protection réel mais quand j'analyse avec elle les trouve c'est un exemple ,je pense que si je ne me trompe pas ses analyses recherche plus profondément que sa protection en temps réel ?

---------

Google Translate:

Hello
I sometimes use Zemana Anti-Malware Premium with my main av Norton. I do a lot of testing in virtualized environment, thanks to sandboxie.
I find that the protection in real time of Zemana is extremely weak because when I do tests on adware or pup for example it does not block them in real protection, but when I analyze with it finds them an example. I think that if I am not mistaken his analyzes look deeper than his protection in real time?
Hi and welcome :)
Next time post in english, it will save you the wrath of the mods ;)
They are very nice here but know the rules brother. PeAcE

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Also , please always try to avoid multiple protection layers ...

What do you mean? Zemaa is an Anti-Malware and Norton is an AV. If you use two kinds of the same security then it can cause infections. However, layered security IS a good idea as long as you know what is what. :)

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
I know the difference between AM and FW/AV protection, and i run full versions of Zemana , Mbam , HitMan Pro on my systems but all of them "on demand" only , I think this is just a personal choice based on experience ...

Reactions: catjc

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
What do you mean? Zemaa is an Anti-Malware and Norton is an AV. If you use two kinds of the same security then it can cause infections. However, layered security IS a good idea as long as you know what is what. :)
I thought Zemana AM uses a few top-rated AV engines like BD, ESET, Kaspersky etc? Won't these AV engines clash with Norton's AV in real-time?

Thanks

Reactions: DJ Panda

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I thought Zemana AM uses a few top-rated AV engines like BD, ESET, Kaspersky etc? Won't these AV engines clash with Norton's AV in real-time?

Thanks
No. They won't conflict because it's not that all these 3rd party engines are as if they are actually there in the system. What is there is only Norton, and all the 3rd party engines are in the cloud.

Moreover, as far as I know, these 3rd party engines only apply to ZAL/ZAM's on-demand scan. ZAL/ZAM's real time protection uses only their own engines (realtime + Pandora).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Zemana AM is meant to be companion based so no worries for any current AV installed on the system.

The Antilogger of Zemana has compatibility issues from other products.

Reactions: Venustus and XhenEd

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
zemana uses 5 best engines from metascan 16. Guess them yourself :cool:
I am 70% sure they use BD and avira engines. The rest I don't know
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I do a lot of testing in virtualized environment, thanks to sandboxie.
No objection that Zemana real-time protection could improve, but Sandboxie is not exactly the best solution to test malware and antimalware.
It is necessary to use a virtualization environment that is more similar to the physical system: a virtual machine or Shadow Defender.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

this explains why zemana's realtime protection is poor
because they intentionally don't implement on-access scanning of all files. This will reduce the security level but the system performance will be preserved, which is a good thing. It's designed to be a second-layer security product to support your primary AVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.