[Question] What desktop recording software do you use for your review videos ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkgust

Level 1
May 22, 2014
Hi,

I'm using Camtasia Studio a lot and sometimes Open Broadcaster Software (which is free)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Active Presenter Free...

It's simply the BEST FREE SCREENCASTING SOFTWARE OUT THERE..

The best part is that the Free version has all the features of the Pro version, except certain formats that it can export to.

It'll make CamStudio pale in comparison, because of it's advanced editing capabilities. Hell you'd even think why it's free!
Active presenter is indeed an amazing free tool!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've always used Camtasia, and has worked a charm for me. Plus from what I've noticed from the old versions, that once you buy a key and an upgrade comes out, you can just update/upgrade the program. :)

I

illumination

Can someone tell me recording software for Linux not windows?
Which distro and what desktop, as they vary and have issues with certain desktops..

As for the thread i use,
Windows: Faststone Capture "inexpensive and just works"
Linux: Kazam "i use it on Ubuntu, and it works quite well", it is available in the Ubuntu Universe repository.

I have read it is compatible with Windows and Mac, but have not yet explored that myself.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Which distro and what desktop, as they vary and have issues with certain desktops..

As for the thread i use,
Windows: Faststone Capture "inexpensive and just works"
Linux: Kazam "i use it on Ubuntu, and it works quite well", it is available in the Ubuntu Universe repository.

I have read it is compatible with Windows and Mac, but have not yet explored that myself.

Manjaro - Cinnamon

I

illumination

:/ so hard, i want to record VB, i think test integrated system :/
Recordmydesktop can be found in Octopi, it is simple to install from there, the other, well is advanced as said.. As Huracan pointed out, VirtualBox has screen recording, but the file size is very large and not optimised for uploading.

Reactions: Venustus

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread Merged.

Please browse the sub-forums before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.