OS
MacOS High Sierra
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I downloaded this Malwarebytes for my mac....I though mac doesn't get viruses? But i did because i fount this forum and thought this info was great. Now my real question.....Do i need to purchase this? It keeps giving me a screen that says CANNOT RUN IN BACKGROUND...Now i downloads this because i kept getting those pop ups that say " update your adobe flash-layer and or download mac cleaner.....are these viruses? I am guessing so.

What does anyone recommend as the next step to resolving this?

Jack

Administrator
MalwareTips Staff
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Do i need to purchase this? It keeps giving me a screen that says CANNOT RUN IN BACKGROUND
Hey,
No you do not need to buy Malwarebytes, just being more careful when browsing the web & installing apps is enough on a Mac.
...Now i downloads this because i kept getting those pop ups that say " update your adobe flash-layer and or download mac cleaner.....are these viruses? I am guessing so.
Some forms of adware do show ads & pop-ups with this message, however some questionable sites may also serve these malicious ads.
How often do you see these pop-ups? Do they happen when you visit a specific site or all on sites?

First of all, install an Adblocker for your browser - AdBlock - and see if you keep seeing those ads.
Next, what extensions are installed on your browser? And, what apps have you recently installed?