Solved Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

marisolfresa

Thread author
Apr 18, 2018
I downloaded this Malwarebytes for my mac....I though mac doesn't get viruses? But i did because i fount this forum and thought this info was great. Now my real question.....Do i need to purchase this? It keeps giving me a screen that says CANNOT RUN IN BACKGROUND...Now i downloads this because i kept getting those pop ups that say " update your adobe flash-layer and or download mac cleaner.....are these viruses? I am guessing so.

What does anyone recommend as the next step to resolving this?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Do i need to purchase this? It keeps giving me a screen that says CANNOT RUN IN BACKGROUND
Hey,
No you do not need to buy Malwarebytes, just being more careful when browsing the web & installing apps is enough on a Mac.
...Now i downloads this because i kept getting those pop ups that say " update your adobe flash-layer and or download mac cleaner.....are these viruses? I am guessing so.
Some forms of adware do show ads & pop-ups with this message, however some questionable sites may also serve these malicious ads.
How often do you see these pop-ups? Do they happen when you visit a specific site or all on sites?

First of all, install an Adblocker for your browser - AdBlock - and see if you keep seeing those ads.
Next, what extensions are installed on your browser? And, what apps have you recently installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.