Questions about 360TSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stardust018

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2015
A few days ago I made clean Install of windows and for my AV i choose Avast free but it cause slowdown of internet and it slowed Chrome start time(From extension I only use uBlock) I asked about this problem on Avast Forum(but no one helped me) For test I test I tryed other AVs(AVG, Avira, 360TSE, Defender) and there was no such problems. So I decided me for TSE and I want to know should I use the default setting or should I Switch to security mode(BitDefender and Avira engine? Will it cause sistem slowdown and heavy ram use? Or I shouldn't care of ram usage because I have 8gb of ram?
CPU: FX 8320
CPU Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS10X OPTIMA
MBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
RAM: TRANSCEND 2X4 GB 1600 MHZ (8GB)
HDD: WD BLUE 1TB SATA 3
GPU: MSI GTX 760 2GB TF IV GAMING OC
PSU: FORTRON FSP RAIDER 550W 80+ SILVER
CASE: ZALMAN Z3 PLUS ATX USB 3.0

P.S
What browser extensions should I use(I mean for security) now I only use uBlock

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Guess they havent fully fixed the webshield issues of slowing down the internet at least, tho I have yet to experience it.

Stick TSE to default settings for a few days, then switch to security mode and see its system impact. RAM is not everything :)

as for browser extension, despite uBlock being lighter, I have come across quite a few issues. Would rather recommend ABP or Adguard.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
by the way, you could disable https scanning in the web module of avast, and that should technically fix the issue.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
as an old Qihoo user ( in pass) I recoment to you "Balance mode", if you want to lighten the computer.
this mode creates balance between security and performance, and only Avira engine enable
is more than enough ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You can activate no harm as maximum protection as possible, both Avira and Bitdefender engine. Just keep on eye for Qihoo Cloud and QVM since few of users report of having FP.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I installed Quihoo 360 TSE on my friends computer & she likes it. You can use Performance if your having high Ram usage. Its really good for Free & its up there with the Top AV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.