Reactions: harlan4096

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Can you update your conf info, since it says avast av still. Bit confusing to read.

Only comodo extension you should use is:
Comodo Online Security

The cloud one isnt updated anymore, if you didnt mention comodo cloud antivirus (CCAV) to replace avast

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Can you update your conf info, since it says avast av still. Bit confusing to read.

Only comodo extension you should use is:
Comodo Online Security

The cloud one isnt updated anymore, if you didnt mention comodo cloud antivirus (CCAV) to replace avast
No No. My AV is still Avast. I mean the Extension: "Comodo Cloud AntiVirus" to scan downloaded Files.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
No No. My AV is still Avast. I mean the Extension: "Comodo Cloud AntiVirus" to scan downloaded Files.
I don't know how effective it is, it hasn't been developed for long time... it worked well with the portable sandbox, but I think that project has been abandoned too...
If you wanna scan downloaded files, I'd rather use OPSWAT file security OPSWAT File Security for Chrome

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Added: Updated Browser Extensions
Added: On Demand Scanners: KVRT, F-SecureOnlineScanner, X-Ray 2.0
Removed: SuperF4 Portable

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I use to use Wise Disk cleaner. It did a very good job and for me it found a lot more than CCleaner. I really liked the slimming option as well. Whats nice is they have a portable version if you don't want to install the program and that's the version I used. I just use the built in cleaner in Windows/browsers now, but if I had to choose an option it would be wise disk cleaner.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I know this Program but I didn't like it soo much. In the Past it decreased my Performance. I dont know why

Interesting! Just for curiosity sake, were you using disk cleaner by its self, or the whole wise care 365? Either way this is why its always good to try programs and see for yourself (y)

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I used Wise Disk Cleaner Portable

Hmm, I’ m not sure as to why you saw the slow down. My only suggestion is if was a while ago since you used it last I would see if the latest version works better for you. If not, PrivaZer and Bleachbit also seem to be well liked here. I’ve haven’t tried either so I cannot comment on them, but they maybe worth trying out and see for yourself. Also, you can try just using what’s built into Windows and the browsers and see if you like using the built in programs. They maybe a bit slower, but IMO they work quite well (y)

Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.