CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
1698195576_software_update.jpg

QuickInstaller is a free software updater and installer for Windows for both installers and portable applications. You can install any software in the database and keep your computer software up-to-date. In addition you can export lists if installed applications and import on other computers. The software definitions are always growing and at the moment there is more than 600 applications available, and you can even contribute by submitting software yourself!

QuickInstaller is designed to be easy to use with few clicks so you don't need to have technical skills to use it, however there is also features for the more tech savvy user. Just open QuickInstaller and it will scan all your installed applications, check for updates and notify you if any newer versions are available. If any new versions are available simply click Update and QuickInstaller will install the updates silently.

QuickInstaller key features:
  • Support for both installers and portable applications
  • Install/Update applications silently
  • Export/Import applications. Perfect for changing computers!
  • Submit applications. NOTE: Any submitted application needs to be verified and tested before it is available.
  • Uninstall/Delete applications
  • Download only option
  • Keep downloaded files option
  • Set included/excluded folders for portable applications
  • Include beta versions
  • Get actual size of installed applications
  • Prefer 32-bit applications

Homepage

Download link

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I initially thought it was just a program updater, but it also has an uninstall tool. Does the uninstaller search for leftover files? How does it compare to HiBit or other popular tools?

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
The program itself is very good, I have been using it for some time and I am happy with it, especially since there is no sumo anymore, so I replaced sumo with this program.
As for the uninstaller function, I don't know how it works because I haven't tested it yet.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Current situation
QuickInstaller is currently developed and maintained by myself.
QuickInstaller has been publicly available for a couple of year but I never told anyone except my family and a few friends about it so it didn't have many users.
After registering QuickInstaller on https://alternativeto.net/software/quickinstaller/ the user load exploded, 1000 new users in 2 weeks. This is of course great, but is more than I thought it would be.
I have a new job, two small kids, just got married and a pain-in-the-... house, so I don't have too much spare time.

Therefore I cannot say how long it will take for replies, processing of submitted applications and further development.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
a very good program for updating all applications in the system.
It's great that such a program exists and you can use it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.