Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Avira bootcd
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox (Stable)
NoScript + RequestPolicy , DownThemAll, KeeFox
Maintenance tools
CCleanr, Glary Utilities (for preview i clean system manual)
VeraCrypt
File and Photo backup
Paragon
System recovery
Slackware & Paragon - HDD contected only druing backup.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Quillathe said:
ok i added some more info about my setup

I see no changes :( If you wish to have feedback you will need to give more info about what you have, in case you want feedback.

if you don't wish any then state that in your first post so that we know.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
McLovin said:
Like I said in my other post. Any backup options?

Main BackUP Windows partition and others I do under Slackware system by Bash commands and sometimes use Parted Magic if need more tools (Resize, badsector check etc.)
I dont pay/use pseudo programs like acronis etc. meaby they are good mebay not....
But i dont want check it while i can have much better/more security tools and for free

Shareware not mean beter than free GPL/Open Source Programs/System (For people by people not for money to hungry idiots),

Reactions: Logethica

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Looks good.Did you change any of the default settings for real-time setup ? When was the last time you had a system infection?
Side question..What search engine are you using?I'm asking because you seem to be very careful on what you allow the big corporation to know about you. :p

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Looks, just for you information, Rollback RX is not a backup software and doesn't even work similar to a backup softwar. This software is called roll-back software, where you return to a state when your pc worked. If I am not assuming wrong the snapshots are not visible and for that reason no defrag program such be used. If you need to then uninstall Rollback RX and install it back.

The only HIPS program I see is online armor, keyscrumbers and SpyShelter are another type of software, so called anti-keylogger.

You you could add Comodo Cleaning essentials as on-demand scanner, as addon you could add lastpass, useful tool, where you only need to remember one password

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Jack said:
Looks good.Did you change any of the default settings for real-time setup ? When was the last time you had a system infection?
Side question..What search engine are you using?I'm asking because you seem to be very careful on what you allow the big corporation to know about you. :p

I had 1 year ago big infection on windows when mate come with hard disk and put if to my pc with out asking me :at:, but i had it in ass because my windows was fresh installed and i dont had any data on it

Currently I use windows only for gaming and sometimes i run it in Qemu(Virtualbox) to tell how change something in system if mates asking me.

Valentin N said:
Looks, just for you information, Rollback RX is not a backup software and doesn't even work similar to a backup softwar. This software is called roll-back software, where you return to a state when your pc worked. If I am not assuming wrong the snapshots are not visible and for that reason no defrag program such be used. If you need to then uninstall Rollback RX and install it back.

The only HIPS program I see is online armor, keyscrumbers and SpyShelter are another type of software, so called anti-keylogger.

You you could add Comodo Cleaning essentials as on-demand scanner, as addon you could add lastpass, useful tool, where you only need to remember one password

Do you rly know what is hips?!, meaby its not classic strong HIPS about which you think, but SS have module HIPS.

KeySrambler is Keyscrambling program which encrypt your keystores, any way i change info because look like my hisp, which isn't :D
Unfortunately keyscrambler dont protect clipboard.

LastPass? You kiding me sry dudy but i dont hold my security passwords on someone's server.
Convenience/comfort with Security do not go together hand in hand.
I do not recommend programs to keep passwords on PC and even more on some server.

Rollback Rx?! Yes i knew it before inslated. Cuz Windows is Windows "PIG" i use it for rollback
If the new program does not do what belongs to him or worse.
Defraging SSD is so bad. Any way i have only security programs and 1-3 Games with virutalization by shadow defender so any unknow data dont shoud be stored so no need defrag it.

I prefer more to protect than cure, because the treatment may be too late.

Comodo Cleaning Essentials. hmmm as I wrote above, any way killbox looks nice :D
To cleaning registry and other i dont need/use any programs like CCleaner and other similar toys.
Better make snapshot system/registry before and after install specific program. And delete it manual if something still stored or better rollback it.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I know what HIPS is, since I happen to use Comodo IS which has HIPS component. I don't know about classic or not but it works well for me. I haven't seen other versions/alternativs of HIPS; Online armor, Comodo firewall/AV/IS and Spyware terminator uses HIPS, how effective they are is another story, but they all use classical HIPS. AVG/Winpatrol, if am not mistaking, uses HIDS, very similar to HIPS.

As far as I see Keyscrumbler it's a anti-keylogger. QFX def: KeyScrambler is an anti-keylogging program

I corrected you with Rollback so that you know in which category it falls in and I did not ask if you know what it is. I also suggested that you shouldn't use defrag since I have comodo time machie, a rollback software that has its origin from Rollback RX and I am aware of a few things. Plus I didn't know you had a SSD

Do you have TRIM disabled?

May I ask how you save your passwords? It's impossible to keep track of 20 passwords, so it's the best solution unless a file is made that contain all that with a long password.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Yes i have tweaked TRIM and probably know all knowledge about my SSD from support.
Hope my disk will work still fine how to day, any way thx for Info.

I know category and difference between method creating copy files,system etc. I wrote it in posts above what to what i use.
Writing backup I mean in general programs to backup data and more.
But since it asks what exactly what I use. So i will changes to the detailed description.

20 Passwords
zalamka.gif
I dont have problems with passwords because i dont register on eachs site which i entry.

I am currently registered in a few pages only.
Separate e-mail(4) For Games, Forums, Shopping and last one for priv talk.

Meaby this info wil be helpfull for some one who read it.

Strenght passowrds for sites 8-10 Symbols it's enought.
Most sites have good anti brute-force (block acc after few wrong pass)
Just dont do password:
- Creat simillar pass to login ex: ID: Cookiemonster Pass: Cookiemonster2 , Cookiemonster89
- Don't based on your Age, Pseudonim, name familly, pets etc. ex: Michael89, Brutus(name dog)
- Don't keep passwords in Managers and dont storage it on servers.
- Dont use same passwords or simillar for sites and banks
- Dont use easy password try use numbers letters and symbols.

If you have problem with remember passwords you can use 3 passwords and add/change 2 symbols
ex: mrts15hg18 ---> #mrts15hg19#
ex2: mrts15hg18 ---> mrts1Shg1$
ex3: mrts15hg18 ---> [mrts15hg18]

Ofc i dont recomended write so much simillar password but this combinations it's enought

No sens use 20 character password on sites and storage it on pc.
If your computer/security will by bypassed, infected by key-loggers and other spy-virus He will got all what you type and can steal your file where you storage passwords.

Most people are robbed because.
Mostly pc has been infected(Surfing on risk sites, download files from unknow source/uploader"warez/bloogs/torrents")
Site/Server was been hacked. Ex: Sony Playstation Hacked
Your family & friends saw/know passwords.
And rarest reason password was cheap/easy.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
droped EAM

Currently ony HIGHT restrictions with firewall/HIPS with wirtual system and sandbox if need to network comunicate.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Clean boot with security software and few programs with system t eat me a bit more than 1GB

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Is it me or I see your "System Hardening" more as "System Vulnerabilities" ? You disabled practically every features that could help you in technical troubleshooting and also prevent malware from infecting your system.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Nonsesn i replaces windows firewall with other better and uac is weak compared to hips with appgaurd which put next other restrictions control

System hardering mean disable autoruns and configure setings which you can do in standalone system like SRP and other tweeks which you can find on forums which can improve your security

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Nonsesn i replaces windows firewall with other better and uac is weak compared to hips with appgaurd which put next other restrictions control

System hardering mean disable autoruns and configure setings which you can do in standalone system like SRP and other tweeks which you can find on forums.

Didn't get the first sentence at all.
From what I understand you disabled UAC to let the HIPS of AppGuard take over, why not use both then ? They should be able to be work together.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.