Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Avira bootcd
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox (Stable)
NoScript + RequestPolicy , DownThemAll, KeeFox
Maintenance tools
CCleanr, Glary Utilities (for preview i clean system manual)
VeraCrypt
File and Photo backup
Paragon
System recovery
Slackware & Paragon - HDD contected only druing backup.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Didn't get the first sentence at all.
From what I understand you disabled UAC to let the HIPS of AppGuard take over, why not use both then ? They should be able to be work together.
ofc UAC can fine work with all of them but i no need 3rd layer of rescrition and this popup annoy me :/ (i try hit Exe Radar Pro but no one have free to give and i lose all giveaway :S )

I got from friend license to EAM and Outpost firewall.
I instaled both and Outpost work fine with SpyShelter Firewall.
EAM ofc nothing founded like other scaners on my pc since 2-3 years so i think dont need EAM.

Reactions: Logethica

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
ofc UAC can fine work with all of them but i no need 3rd layer of rescrition and this popup annoy me :/ (i try hit Exe Radar Pro but no one have free to give and i lose all giveaway :S )

I got from friend license to EAM and Outpost firewall.
I instaled both and Outpost work fine with SpyShelter Firewall.
EAM ofc nothing founded like other scaners on my pc since 2-3 years so i think dont need EAM.

I still strongly suggest you to enable UAC, as even with modern malwares, that "annoying pop-up" can save you from tons of infections.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, I hope to ask you some questions.

Regarding your Win 7 config:

- Do you really need WinPatrol when Spyshelter Firewall (SSF) is installed? I think the items monitored by WinPatrol, such as start-up programs and services, are also covered by SSF, right?

- I have not tried WinPrivacy, but it seems that WinPrivacy could also control the outbound traffic. Wouldn't it conflict with SSF?

Regarding you Win XP config:

- Are you simultaneously using Outpost Firewall (OPF) and SSF? Wouldn't them conflict with each other?

Thanks.:)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
@Quillathe Great config, nothing to add really. Very solid and robust. :p

i try hit Exe Radar Pro but no one have free to give and i lose all giveaway :S
The next stable release of NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro is going to be freeware. The lastest version of NVTERP is in beta, but it's already freeware. Check it out here: New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro | Wilders Security Forums

EDIT
: I think this post has a download link to the latest version: New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro | Page 192 | Wilders Security Forums

Last edited:

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Hi, I hope to ask you some questions.

Regarding your Win 7 config:

- Do you really need WinPatrol when Spyshelter Firewall (SSF) is installed? I think the items monitored by WinPatrol, such as start-up programs and services, are also covered by SSF, right?

- I have not tried WinPrivacy, but it seems that WinPrivacy could also control the outbound traffic. Wouldn't it conflict with SSF?

Regarding you Win XP config:

- Are you simultaneously using Outpost Firewall (OPF) and SSF? Wouldn't them conflict with each other?

Thanks.:)

W7: WinPatrol is complet diferent program its HIDS its monitor windows extension file type, autorun etc..
While HIPS monitor around everything but not so much detailed like WinPatrol. In some fact few programs in my list look like double layer security but if you look more in to them, they complet work diferent.

I use XP as virtual system its my 85% wokring station/system everyday. On XP i have only OPF but 2 month ago i tested beta OPF with SSFW on my main system and they worked fine (you must just manualy add rules during instalation programs beetwen myself to white/allow list or just ignore for better compatbility,
or just off from real time and them instal and add them beetwen myself)

@DracusNarcrym
I know, have both using ofc lates beta more fixes

returning to @Online_Sword
In some facts on some pc stand alone program with out other can make conflict in system cuz there is no identic systems.
All depdend on manifacture = MOBO/CPU x DRIVERS +/- Specific system and user usage/settings.

I so much time wasted to check all programs and i can say clearly i dont figure problems on my system with them all :*

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
i think about drop ERP with EMET and exchange this for Smart Object Blocker
Smart Object Blocker is not meant to be an anti-executable or anti-exploit replacement!
I recommend you use SOB as an extra security layer, instead of a substitute to two entirely different applications.

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
It does.. becasue im surfing on web browser inside virtual system... infection can stay inside virtual system and not affect to my main :D
I don't see why you would degrade your performance browsing on a VM when you have sandboxie.

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Depend on situation, mostly i work on both system while one time.
Surfing on dark sites by TOR via VMware
And bank transfer money on Main System & not only.

In this situation not VMWARE override my Sandboxie but Shadow Defender, but i dont care worth it ^^

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
Depend on situation, mostly i work on both system while one time.
Surfing on dark sites by TOR via VMware
And bank transfer money on Main System & not only.

In this situation not VMWARE override my Sandboxie but Shadow Defender, but i dont care worth it ^^
Yeah. TOR explains a lot now.:D

Quassar

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Scanned with MBAM, ZAM and Avira, and system look clean since copule years and good :)

2TO116l.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.