QupZilla is a new and very fast QtWebEngine browser. It aims to be a lightweight web browser available through all major platforms. This project has been originally started only for educational purposes. But from its start, QupZilla has grown into a feature-rich browser.
QupZilla has all standard functions you expect from a web browser. It includes bookmarks, history (both also in sidebar) and tabs. Above that, it has by default enabled blocking ads with a built-in AdBlock plugin.
In addition to standard features, QupZilla offers:
- Native look'n'feel on Linux
- Library - History, Bookmarks and RSS Reader in one window
- Option to send DNT Do-Not-Track header
- Private Browsing mode
- History and Bookmarks Sidebars
- Stylable user interface through themes (4 already packaged with browser)
- SSL Certificate Manager
- Search Engines Manager
- Supports importing bookmarks from other browsers
- Speed Dial for quick access to favorite pages
- This is a new major version of QupZilla and also brings great changes. The biggest change is the switch of rendering engine, from old and unmaintained QtWebKit to shiny new QtWebEngine!
- QtWebEngine is using Chromium to render web pages which brings much better compatibility with web pages and also great stability (thanks to multi-process architecture).
- There are big changes (both architecture and API-wise) between QtWebKit and QtWebEngine, so porting of QupZilla took some time. There are also still features from QtWebKit not available in QtWebEngine, so some QupZilla features may not be available in new release. Those missing features will come back in next releases of QupZilla and QtWebEngine.
- QupZilla now depends on latest Qt release (Qt 5.6) to be able to use all QtWebEngine features.
Download: Portable QupZilla 2.0 | 62.3 MB
Link: QupZilla Home Page | Other Operating Systems