AI Assist Qwant compared to Brave search & duckduckgo

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
When comparing Brave, Qwant, and DuckDuckGo search engines, here are a few key points to consider:

1. Privacy: Brave offers enhanced privacy features, including built-in ad-blocking, tracking prevention, and HTTPS upgrading. Qwant also prioritizes user privacy by not tracking or storing personal data. DuckDuckGo is known for its strong privacy stance, as it doesn't store user data or track users' online activities.

2. Search results: All three search engines aim to provide relevant search results. Brave uses a combination of its own search engine, called Brave Search, and other popular search engines. Qwant has its index of websites and also integrates some results from Bing. DuckDuckGo sources search results from various search engines, including Bing and Yahoo.

3. Features: Brave, besides search, also comes with a built-in ad and tracker blocker, as well as a cryptocurrency wallet. Qwant offers an image and news search section, as well as contextualized search results. DuckDuckGo provides features like Instant Answers, which display information directly in search results, and !Bangs, which allow users to search directly on other websites.

4. User experience: The user experience often comes down to personal preference. All three search engines have clean and simple interfaces, making them easy to use.

Overall, choosing among these search engines depends on your preference for privacy features, search results quality, and additional functionalities. It is advisable to try them out and see which one aligns best with your needs.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Qwant works fine as default search engine. It has a nice clean new tab, which i really like (removed my blank new tab extension, less is more)

thanks @simmerskool (y) one extension less :)

I do use google.nl for searches, but not as default search engine (it is my home page). I prefer to have a privacy oriented search engine in the address bar. I have no explanation for that, just felt better (using Google search on demand and not all the time),

For me (living in the EU), the Qwant search engine respecting privacy and being French is a plus (y) and a double bonus is their clean New Tab Page screen 👏👏.

TIP: on te Qwant search page you can copy a link with the Qwant searh page settings. Nice thing about Qwant is that you can also copy these parameters after the link you use when specifying the search engine (that is the the link with Q from Query and S from search parameter) (y)

1691232425522.png

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.