Malwarebytes Browser Guard
Disabled Cups & Disabled Avahi
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

R3j3ct

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2023
all i got for a update, switched from ubuntu to linux mint, and i find it less of a pain in the ass then ubuntu and the mess they had a few months ago with the updates and blah...

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Good to see you are using timeshift, excellent program. With apparmor are you running standard security profile, or is yours custom, have you added profile extras, if so what issues did you run into that needed corrected via applications.

chrootkit vs rkhunter.
chrootkit only scans for rootkits on the local host whereas rkhunter verifies consistency of a configuration, symlinks in file system, open TCP sockets on a localhost ect. I personally use rkhunter.

There is also a tool called Lynis you can look into, a paid and free version. It is a system auditing tool that can help you learn of CVE's and harden your system.

R3j3ct

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2023
Good to see you are using timeshift, excellent program. With apparmor are you running standard security profile, or is yours custom, have you added profile extras, if so what issues did you run into that needed corrected via applications.
I am just running standard security profiles, i didn't want to try any custom or profile extras mainly cause i'm lazy and don't want to fix/deal with any experimental profiles.

There is also a tool called Lynis you can look into, a paid and free version. It is a system auditing tool that can help you learn of CVE's and harden your system.
yea, i forgot to run Lynis, might get to that today!

Reactions: Moonhorse
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I am just running standard security profiles, i didn't want to try any custom or profile extras mainly cause i'm lazy and don't want to fix/deal with any experimental profiles.

yea, i forgot to run Lynis, might get to that today!
Not much point in running Linus if you do not wish to finagle and mess with the system, as it requires quite a bit to "harden" the system, Linus just shows you where it needs to be done.

R3j3ct

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2023
lmao, i hear you! but i ran lynis to just see! lynis gave me a score of 70 which i think i just fine for what i use this for...never the less, being new to linux full-time that is, i always want and accept knowledge! i was at 60+ before i ran lynis, i added fail2ban & debsum i think it was, checks hashes of software i think...is there anything i should be paying attention to and am not doing it already?

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

lmao, i hear you! but i ran lynis to just see! lynis gave me a score of 70 which i think i just fine for what i use this for...never the less, being new to linux full-time that is, i always want and accept knowledge! i was at 60+ before i ran lynis, i added fail2ban & debsum i think it was, checks hashes of software i think...is there anything i should be paying attention to and am not doing it already?
I would state you are more than likely fine other than watching those URLs since you do your banking and buying online.

Reactions: R3j3ct

R3j3ct

Level 1
Thread author
May 12, 2023
Switched to the Xanmod kernal, Quad9 DNS - Set Quad9 in firefox by using system dns & Torguard had option to use Quad9, Malwarebytes Browser Guard.

Seen the Quad9 & Malwarebytes Browser Guard on a recent post as advice for someone & applied to my system so appreciate it forum!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.