Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What is Rainmeter? -- Visit rainmeter.net -- More from DeviantART.com

Rainmeter is a desktop customization platform. Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gagdgets, or dashboard widgets for the Mac. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and send your tweets to Twitter - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.

Slideshow1.jpg
Slideshow2.jpg
Slideshow3.jpg

Edit:
Click image to read more:

Authenticity checked and confirmed safe by elliotcroft.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just installed this ... and looks intersting ,also it has a ton of options.
I will try to figure all out and the post a final screenshot :D

Resource usage :

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
With Rainmeter, I wouldn't fuss too much about it's resource usage. ;) I've used it in the past and I've loved the experience it gave to my desktop.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
stormgtr said:
With Rainmeter, I wouldn't fuss too much about it's resource usage. ;) I've used it in the past and I've loved the experience it gave to my desktop.

Does that mean that it uses a lot of resources, or that it is worth it? ;)

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
stormgtr said:

Does that mean that it uses a lot of resources, or that it is worth it? ;)
I'll have a look for you, shall I? :wink:
I also need to check to approve it's being clean.
I'm shocked that Jack didn't approve it when he replied. :tongue:
It's got a four person all green rating so that's good enough.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I've used it in the past (long time ago). It is nice to see it is still developed and much improved.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I love rainmeter :)
It can make your desktop so much nicer to look at, and you can have a lot of fun trying out new skins and setups.
Tho only problem i have is when i change screen resolution. Creating themes with skins that aren't clearly defined is a bit of a pain.

But other then that, it's great! :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Deviantart are aware for this issue and taking the actions, since many users are interested like rainmeter. they cannot tell if its malicious or not on what they download.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
They haven't hidden the malware very well though. They seem to only upload the malicious exe to deviant art, if they had hidden the exe inside a legit rmskin file it could execute without anybody noticing.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks quite good. Glaf how Deviantart is aware of the Malware..

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Sweet! I love it already, the RAM usage is about 31k, not that bad but it is worth it!

D

Deleted member 178

i used it before and many themes mod (like full glass and others) but they take too much ram.

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
i used it before and many themes mod (like full glass and others) but they take too much ram.

Hey Umbra
can you show how to change the bar color again
I can't find post where you originally pointed it out

D

Deleted member 178

select the module > edit skin:

lNlyd.jpg

change the color code to your needs by selecting it there: http://rainmeter.net/color/index.html

treefrog'

Oct 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
select the module > edit skin:

lNlyd.jpg

change the color code to your needs by selecting it there: http://rainmeter.net/color/index.html

Nice one :)
thanks again

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Been trying rainmeter for some time now, but gave up all the times. Configuring it and installing themes with it seems too time taking for me. Every time I have tried to install a theme or configure one ended up in looking very differently for what I wanted to look like. But when I look at other peoples configs it really makes me downloading it again.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.