Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Realtime:
WiseVector StopX

Non-Realtime:
Syshardener - custom settings (1-time setup)
VT Hash Check (on-demand)
Bandizip - to support Windows SmartScreen
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
- WiseVector: Slightly modified settings for better ransomware protection
- Syshardener: for better performance and script protection
- gpedit.msc: some SRP rules for better script protection + blocking Microsoft's craps
- Windows Firewall: blocks inbound connections of apps and outbound of certain apps
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Portable, Norton Power Eraser, HitmanPro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit (rarely used), ESET Online Scanner (rarely used)
ESET SysRescue (just in case of heavy infection)
Autoruns
Process Explorer
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chromium portable x64 (Woolyss - stable)
- uBlock Origin
- BitDefender Trafficlight
- Windows Defender Browser Protection
- Checker Plus for Gmail
- Google Translate
- Enhancer for Youtube
- Grammarly
- h264ify
Maintenance tools
CCleaner + CCEnhancer, Wise Disk Cleaner, HDCleaner
Bandizip
SumatraPDF
PDF-Xchange
Everything Search Engine
SoftPerfect RAMDisk
PrimoCache
Microsoft Office 2016
Sandboxie
OkayFreedom VPN
File and Photo backup
Google Drive, Google Photos, Google Docs
System recovery
Macrium Reflect (bootable)
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
i7-3630QM, 8GB-1600MHz RAM, GT650M, SSD Crucial 240GB

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi, this is my configuration
I don't make many changes

This year, I focus even more on Performance and care less about security since it's quite restricted
I feel extremely happy about speed since there is only 1 real-time protection software and no realtime web protection
I hate prompts and resource-hogging apps

Please don't suggest me to change my custom UAC (my setting is not on the list) and Windows version
Windows 10 (all versions) runs unstably on my laptop
I have total control on Windows 8.1 while I don't have all on Windows 10 (or it takes more effort to modify settings)

I don't install or modify many settings so frequent image backup is unnecessary (it degrades SSD)
I do everything to reduce SSD writes

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I also use Norton Power Eraser. And ADWCleaner. Is Zemana still good? I read a lot of bad things on Wilders about it!
I know how to use it and how good it is against certain threats that the others (HMP, NPE, Emsisoft and ESET) won't be able to detect.
I know it's not as good nowadays but for me, it's not easy to replaced

usually, NPE alone is enough but there are a lot of FPs

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
it's so boring that my setup is so fast and stable
WiseVector 2.53 has a problem with constantly high CPU usage (non-stop) while I was doing intensive tasks, sometimes, it happened a few times a day
I talked to the developer and found out it was due to Memory Protection. Disabling it completely cure my issue, verified over half a month of usage

removed:
- BitDefender Trafficlight (temporarily) until the AAG submarine cables are repaired

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you have to disable Memory Protection at present. Since Memory Protection is one of our important features, it's not a good chioce to disable it.:(
We are very busy to develope V2.60 these days and we will release it in a few days!:D If the problem persists in the new version, please let me know, we will solve it by all possible means(since you are the only user experienced the problem so far as we know). Thank you in advance.

Hope you and your family stay healthy!

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you have to disable Memory Protection at present. Since Memory Protection is one of our important features, it's not a good chioce to disable it.:(
We are very busy to develope V2.60 these days and we will release it in a few days!:D If the problem persists in the new version, please let me know, we will solve it by all possible means(since you are the only user experienced the problem so far as we know). Thank you in advance.

Hope you and your family stay healthy!
thank you. I'm really looking forward to it. I know it's an important feature. My PC is quite unique to many users here: Windows 8.1, Use chromium browser (unpopular) and browsing caches are stored in ramdisk
Perhaps, the ramdisk cache is the culprit

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Sorry you had a bad experience with Symantec endpoint protection .
But if you have found the SEP firewall as a strong point use this config Config
Near zero CPU usage And under 20mb ram .
Should complement wisevecter and be very light .
But it's optional .

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
In regards to Wisevector, being registred in China, the following does raise alarm bells and I highly doubt they are GDPR compliant to begin with:

7.What are your rights with regard to your personal data?

At your request, we will inform you what personal data we have stored about you and for what purpose(s).

In case you want us to delete your personal data or revoke consent granted for certain processing of your personal data, please contact us.

If deletion of your data should not be possible for technical or legal reasons, we will block the respective data instead.

Yet in their privacy policy they clearly omit certain info or contradict some info.

If the above is not of any concerns, then how is Wisevector holding out on your system?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
do you have disabeld windows defender for running wisevector as standalone?
I disabled WD and am running WV alone. WD on windows 8.1 is not great anyway but I do feel like it's smoother than itself on windows 10

If the above is not of any concerns, then how is Wisevector holding out on your system?
WV is doing great on my system. It doesn't make frequent connections to servers compare to other well-known AVs. It's offline most of the time
The cache of machenism is good. It doesn't slow down my PC when I open a folder full of exe files like kaspersky or WD, even when Kaspersky is set to On Execution only
only, the execution speed when opening an exe for the very first time is quite->very slow. The consecutive times are instant.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.