Troubleshoot RAM replacement help.

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Somehow my old RAM is not working. I have to purchase new one. Please help me to choose correct one.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Nothing
Motherboard - GA-880GM-USB3
Processor - AMD X6 1055T
Graphics card - PCI EXP 4650 1 GB
I want to buy new 4GB RAM. Please help me to choose correct one.
[Sorry for my bad English]
PicsArt_1447583832207.jpg

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Go buy a RAM stick that fits your budget, I prefer 1600MHz frequency stick. You could go with Corsair, Elpida, Transcend, GSkill, Patriot or even Crucial.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1800 (OC)/1666/1333/1066 MHz memory modules (Note 2)

1st - 1600Mhz will be compatible with this motherboard.
2nd - You should place them into slot 3 and 4 for maximum performance (which I feel it's weird)
3rd - 1866Mhz ram sticks will be bottlenecked on that motherboard. The manufacturer says you can overclock your ram (1066, 1333 or 1600) up to 1800. This overclocking requires tweaking into your BIOS. Note that 1800Mhz ram won't give you better gaming performance than 1600. It only help when dealing with very big files (like 3d modelling, video editing, etc.)
4th - Do not ganged your memory unless you will be using VERY demanding programs, since you wont need the extra bandwith. Unganged memory will perform faster and that's what you need.

Source

Now once you understood the RAM Compatibility for that motherboard, any brand may prefer as long you meet base on the condition.

Even those on the computer shop can provide you necessary RAM to the specifications.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.