Solved Ran Malware Removal and now cannot connect to the internet

ra820

New Member
I recently (2/8/17) ran malware removal software on my computer and have, since doing so, have not been able to access the internet despite the computer showing I am connected to my home network. I have tried searching the internet on another computer to find a solution but have been fruitless.

I ran Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and CCleaner, as well as updated my computer.

If you could help me solve this issue I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thank you!
 

Attachments

It was at one point, but the company went under in 2010 and, before its acquisition, I was able to purchase the computer and my monitor from them. Unfortunately there are some settings that I cannot control as it seems the administrator still is under whoever worked IT for the company. I know this seems sketchy but I promise you all of this it 100% valid.
 
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

TwinHeadedEagle,

I'm happy to report that your solution worked on the very first attempt and I am able to access the internet once again. Thank you so much for your assistance! Attached is the Fixlog.txt per your request.
 

Attachments

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top