App Review RansomOff - First Look at New User Interface

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Do you like new GUI?

• Total voters

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I like the taskbar right click menu but the application itself looks mediocre, old and dull.
I'm sorry but I agree with this, it does SHvFl. I have never been a big fan but they need to go another direction with that setup.
Thanks Capt. for another good share ;)
Wait, don't we have that area that either @Spawn or @Exterminator posted all those cool UI ideas ?
I think they were in the Trusted Members area, if Dev's have access to that area here then maybe the Dev can look in there for inspiration ? could help and he is a member here, I think.

Last edited:

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
I also think that it is not that good as I have expected.
GUI seems to be dull and the colors used are not upto my liking.
Also the guard icon on the main screen is not neat.
Finally,the popup screen is just
so dark and unpleasant that it mostly resembles the early detection popups used by some classical products that date back to 1980s and produce an effect that we are not dealing with a GUI based application but rather with an old,not-so pleasant popup system.
These are my personal opinions only.
If you find any of my suggestions helpful, that would be a great achievement for me.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@Trickster GUI interface is like a girl.
SHvFl like this girl but you like that girl.
Is your girl ugly? NO
IS @SHvFl GF ugly? Nah:cautious:
I mean it's about Tastes:notworthy:i like this Gui but another one may dislike it:D
Sure taste is subjective but there are "standards". I might find my gf beautiful but that doesn't mean that for the average guy she also looks beautiful. If by what is considered "standard" by the average person she is ugly then she is ugly.
At some point we have to quantify stuff even if it's subjective or else the planet would be in anarchy. Sure if you make something great then you can change standard but good luck doing that. Sounds good, doesn't work as my good friend once said.
In software you need to be in the range of Microsoft and Google to be able to change thing as you like regardless of what people will think.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Wow! Great software. For free as well?! I'm going to look into this even more now. How new is this software? To be honest I haven't heard about this software before.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Anker- when you are testing it please note the various settings for the HIPS (which is a good thing). A balance must be struck between applying the settings that will stop malware while also leaving those settings that will trigger FP's alone. I know there is an optimal configuration but only folk like you will lead us into the light!

However I will say that in the short time I had my way with RO I was impressed by its ability to squash worms (even those with unconventional persistence mechanisms) as well as it being able to stop a very nasty RAT. I actually completed a video about the latter last week but am reticent to publish it as I'm not sure of the proper settings to be used to yield real-world applicability.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@cruelsister

Let's forget about free vs paid but focus on the efficacy of the software instead

In your honest opinion which is the best RO, AppCheck Pro or TEMASOFT Ranstop?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: bribon77

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No worries. Is it the colors or layout or something else entirely?
IMO, the color of black and grey combo is a poor choice. Maybe you can come out with a few GUIs with different color selection for the user to choose

:)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.