Solved ransomware- got rid of it, but my files are broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTH

New Member
from everything I can tell I have removed the ransomware from my computer, but all of my files are still encrypted and cannot be opened. I tried to do a system restore, but there is no restore point. is there a way to recover my files or am I pretty much SOL and should just reformat?
 

Attachments

it tells me the file cannont be opend because the file type is not supported. it seems to be all .jpg .epub .avi ect. from what I can tell theres no way to get them back.
 
this is what happens when I go to open a video file
 

Attachments

  • deskp[ic.png
    deskp[ic.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 65
Since this issue appears to be resolved, I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please contact me or any staff member with the address of the thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top