Ransomware or Hoax? Concerned.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Hi

Appreciate your reply @shmu26 But it would be further helpful if you/others could recco some anti-ransomwares softwares and apps also. My whole day got wasted y'day searching for them. So many things to look for. It becomes difficult to choose. Head spinning.

Thanks
If the Google translator does not fool me, what I understand ... He has not been attacked by a Rasomware, if not by a scam. Therefore, a Rasomware program is not necessary for that ... I recommend changing the password of your email and Ready.

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
But they have my old password, so if they indeed got their hands on in my email would it be possible for them get access to my phone contacts as well? And the documents in my onedrive as well?
The problem is that often the username is the email address, for example:

name: user@gmail etc.
password: hgehshdje34

Of course, this explains why the scam is delivered to your email address because your credentials are probably stolen from online archives.
But this criminal will probably send thousands of these hoaxes in automatic and random mode, you're not a specific target and he is not interested about your data.
He only wants your money and stop....you don't have to respond, pay and worry about this despicable scam.

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Deffo a hoax, looks like you have nothing to worry about as these emails seem to be common now.

~LDogg

Reactions: oldschool

mellowtones242

Level 2
Verified
Aug 11, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.