Ransomware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mico1981m

Thread author
Jun 14, 2020
Hi,
A week ago I turned on my laptop trying to access some of my files I found all the icons changed and every folder have a file DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.txt saying my files are encrypted and I have to pay someone to send me a file to unencrypt my files and they want me to send 300£. I found a local online company NiwTech NiwTech : Digital Marketing Agency, Information Technology Consulting they offer to have a look they contacted me the next day saying my data cannot be recovered even from windows restore as it was off and they suggested me to not pay the Ransomware I bought avira but nothing changed. is there is any way to recover my files?

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Hello Mico.

I am Karsten and will gladly help you with any malware-related problems.

Please familiarize yourself with the following ground rules before you start.
  • Read my instructions thoroughly, carry out each step in the given order.
  • Do not make any changes to your system, or run any tools other than those I provided. Do not delete, fix, uninstall, or install anything unless I tell you to.
  • If you are unsure about anything or if you encounter any problems, please stop and inform me about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Please upload the following files here, so I can assess which ransomware caused the encryption.
  • DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION.txt
  • one encrypted file, preferrably one that was an office document before; please don't change the filename

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Are you still with me?
If you do not reply in the next 2 days I will close this thread, so I can take care of others.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.