Troubleshoot Rare service after windows 10 anniversary update

darko999

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
After installing windows 10 Anniversary update I got this Service which I can't disable neither set to manual start.

EDIT: NVM I'm not the only one so I'm kinda happy about it

What is the CDPUsersvc for ?

serv.png

Anyone has similar issue? should I downgrade to previos version?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Right, I agree it does afford you some protection and privacy where multi use systems come into play.
MS I think will eventually do away with the guest acct.
I on the other hand with a desktop PC don't have guest acct's active. I have things locked down to a point I can let my girls
I have 3 of them, get on the PC and relax and know that they cant hurt it or go to unsafe sites. When the time is right though
they will receive their own Laptops that Dad will secure for them :)
With the price of Laptops these days you should go to Wally world and buy a cheap Acer or something to leave laying
around in the living room, foyer or Kitchen thats designated for guests or extended family.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.