Status
Not open for further replies.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
Razer has just made history by winning an official “Best of CES” award for six consecutive years. This year, at CES 2016, Razer Blade Stealth won the “Best of CES – Best PC” award. Razer is known for making powerful and good looking gaming PCs and Blade Stealth is no exception. It upgrades its gaming PC range by launching an ultrabook with the heart of a PC.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
And no sane gamer will game on a less than 17 inch screen.

Sure you can plug the less than 13 to a TV or monitor but defeats the whole purpose of Netbook/Laptop.

Also its price tag.

Which brand provides decent devices is always the same old question but other alternatives to consider (be price tag or specs etc): MSI/Origin/ASUS ROG (Republic of Gamers)/Alienware

I would rather and definitely fork cash for Origin/ASUS ROG.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
This is laughable and blatantly arrogant.

There no such thing as a "jack of all trades" when it comes to computers.

Any high-end computer user can suggest a build that easily surpasses the capabilities of this little machine, and at a far greater price. Unless somebody wants that "mobility" that notebooks provide, that much.

Impressionism and bait at its finest! :rolleyes:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
This is laughable and blatantly arrogant.

There no such thing as a "jack of all trades" when it comes to computers.

Any high-end computer user can suggest a build that easily surpasses the capabilities of this little machine, and at a far greater price. Unless somebody wants that "mobility" that notebooks provide, that much.

Impressionism and bait at its finest! :rolleyes:
the core aspect for gaming laptops is exactly mobility.

I used to build my own rigs but in the end opted for gaming laptops as of 4 years ago and trust me, mobility is a plus!

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I would prefer to stick with traditional desktop PC for gaming...
Tried laptop gaming. Din really like it. The heat dissipation is poor. Battery get stressed out easily.
Miss those days where liquid cooling system installed on my CPU with triple fans... Alas, I quit playing heavy games nowadays.. :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I would prefer to stick with traditional desktop PC for gaming...
Tried laptop gaming. Din really like it. The heat dissipation is poor. Battery get stressed out easily.
Miss those days where liquid cooling system installed on my CPU with triple fans... Alas, I quit playing heavy games nowadays.. :)
Laptop gaming is a joke. The thermodynamics in current laptop component layout don't allow it. As you said, heat dissipation is poor, if not inexistent. The larger amount of space which desktop computers provide allows for the true potential of high-end components without risking system instability or failure.

In other words, laptop gaming (or any other task) will always be inferior to desktop gaming (or any other task) in terms of processing power.
The only real, practical advantage laptops can have over desktop computers is mobility.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Laptop gaming is a joke. The thermodynamics in current laptop component layout don't allow it. As you said, heat dissipation is poor, if not inexistent. The larger amount of space which desktop computers provide allows for the true potential of high-end components without risking system instability or failure.

In other words, laptop gaming (or any other task) will always be inferior to desktop gaming (or any other task) in terms of processing power.
The only real, practical advantage laptops can have over desktop computers is mobility.
There are poor designs for gaming laptops and good designs.

Not all gaming laptops sport 2 big fans with the correct air out direction.

Desktops can be compared to laptops, in terms of high end hardware. Sure, you cannot overload it with a raid setup like you would in a desktop, but depending how much you pay and you actually do your homework, some gaming laptops are equal to a gaming desktop.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Laptop gaming is a joke.
I disagree. Obviously I am aware that you pointed out that Laptops run the Mobile version of their Desktop counterparts, but it's designed and optimised for that.

Just have a good look at the variants of portable gaming and advanced in materials and technology. Progress is made over years, not overnight.

Here is something I found online about Materials used on laptops:
Why Apple's MacBook are made of aluminium?
Aluminum is a fantastic conductor of heat. This enables apple's MacBooks to be thinner than plastic variants could ever comfortably be (and if they were, the air coming out would be searing hot, and the plastic would be too thin). The aluminum acts as a heat sink, dissipating heat to the environment, allowing fans to run cooler and quieter.

As for cooling, it's an on-gaming issue for everything; Laptops, Desktops, Car Engines or anything that produces heat. For example: When an iPhone/iPad/iPod get too hot, the user is alerted and advised to turn off the device. (Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As instance Desktop gaming can provide more maximum than Laptop but that's simply they have different architecture at all, nevertheless Razer Blaze is something interesting to have due on being thinner and yet provides the overall purpose of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.