Reason Core Security 1.1.x Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Maybe the detection rate is low for malware atm but i can say the pup detections is amazing. its the first release so we should give this program abit of time to become mature. seems like it have alot of false positives at the moment but the pup detection is just amazing.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
I get the feeling the Reason Core Security will go on with Unchecky built in and Unchecky as a stand alone will be gone. which would mean having to use Reason Core Security which i would not recommend to anyone.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
You can still download Unchecky from its main website.
http://unchecky.com/
This might actually help promote Unchecky even more, thus advancing its development. Some might want to download the standalone Unchecky if they see it do well in this product.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Will this be better then unchecky ?
As @Warrior and @Azure Phoenix ruminated with us above, it remains to be seen how development shall evolve with Unchecky's stand alone version whilst we shall continue to hope for, and accept, any improvements as their AV transforms through it's continued development.:)

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
out of 150 malwares , it detected only 10.
malware samples were twenty to thirty days old.
Did you use the Free or 30-day Trial version?
Samples were already on PC, on-demand scanning test?
No sample downloaded directly from malicious source, or individually without password protection?
Link to Malware Pack, from here?
What was your primary AV defence?

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Did you use the Free or 30-day Trial version?
Samples were already on PC, on-demand scanning test?
No sample downloaded directly from malicious source, or individually without password protection?
Link to Malware Pack, from here?
What was your primary AV defence?

i used trial version
samples were already on pc
i did on demand scanning
i scanned malware samples downloaded from here and also from malwaredb.malekal.com

TIAGO

Apr 18, 2015
I really hope they keep developing the stand alone version of Unchecky, there is still some work to do. Once in a while, I come upon an installer that unchecky misses.

I mailed their support mail, hopping to get an answer from them. Still waiting on a reply.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi all

Is HerdProtect in developing or not

With Best Regards
Mops21
Hello @Mops21. After performing the search, "Is herdProtect in current development?", I'd found the following answer on their community posts:
  • "As of today (Jan. 14, 2015) on the herdProtect download page, the development timeline on the left-hand side of the page still shows real-time protection as in development and slated for some future release. But the release estimate of fourth quarter of 2014 obviously isn't right, since we're past that point now.

I strongly suspect that once real-time protection is present in the latest version, the download page will be updated to show it as present in the current build, and the future development section will have something else listed instead.

On that basis, I do not believe that the current version has real-time protection yet. However, sometimes software can be updated and web site information isn't kept up as well as it should be (not necessarily here at herdProtect, but in general this can sometimes happen). So if you really want to be sure, then go ahead and download the latest version and install it to see if real-time protection is there or not.

If you download the newest one and it does have real-time protection, please come back and post here to let us all know.

Good luck,
    Drake
    "
Source: http://www.herdprotect.com/post-6657-is-there-anynews-about-updates-and-stuff.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.