Reason Core Security 1.1.x Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebstream

Aug 20, 2015
@Jebstream What do you think about Unchecky that is integrated into Reason Core Security?

Note: Unchecky is still available as standalone software.

I've never used Unchecky by itself since I always watch for those PUP's when installing programs. My experience with RCS is limited to malware removal, so I haven't seen it in use during program installations, though with it's widespread adoption and trustworthiness, I'm sure it's what everybody says it is. Otherwise I have no opinion for or against it.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
thanks for the update!
It's a good product, hopefully they also improved the scan speed.. :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Jebstream

Aug 20, 2015
You're comment confuses me, but I'll have to chime in to say that faster is not always better. In reality, faster simply means more files were skipped, and thus the likelihood of a failed scan in the first place.

What if I told you that you could remove most common malware in 15-20 minutes using nothing but RCS?

I'm not talking about hitting start and waiting. You can run a diagnostic scan, which will educate you about the possible threats, then provide you the tools to remove startup items as well as programs, all before running a quick or full scan which on it's own is still pretty dang fast—and thorough!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
I see your point, in my exprerience fastest scan has todays EMSISOFT and also WEBROOT. RCS is not close to them, but compare to most of security products what I tested, RCS scan is faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.