Advice Request ReasonCore any good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There is no reason to buy Reason Core Security (pun not intended).

I have used the Complete version in the 2017, later requesting a refund as it did not meet my expectations.

You can compliment your real-time Antivirus with RCS Free. The Bundleware Protection (anti-PUP) is basically Unchecky, which can be downloaded from Unchecky.com. The original developer of Unchecky will continue to support the standalone version.
Product Info: Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

The Free version of RCS does NOT remove detected Adware or Malware.
Product Info: Download - Reason Core Security

Alternatively you can download AdwCleaner (by Malwarebytes) to remove Adware/Spyware.
Download Mirror: AdwCleaner
Product Info: AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

Don't waste your time if you already have a trusted Antivirus installed, instead focus on hardening the OS and locking down your browser to prevent nasties. Also keep tabs on your browsing habits, reduce the risk by learning the Do's and Don'ts.

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Hello! First, I want to note that I am not comfortable using Zemana for no logic reason, but that's me and how I feel about it. Any thoughts on Reasoncore? Thank you

I used reasoncore in the past, after that I haven't touched that again & tbh I'm quite surprise by seeing it still around. Anyhow, in the past it was prone to FP & don't know how much it has improved. It's better to keep a distance from it.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'd say RCS isn't worth the investment. There's not a substantial amount of evidence to support the fact it could be a good purchase for your system when there are better alternatives out there.

~LDogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.