Battle Reasoncore Security Free/Pro vs Malwarebytes Free/Pro

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Both designs to work together with existing antivirus, and adding additional layer of protection. But which one is good when it come to free and pro version?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The protection capabilities of Reason Core Security way back when tested by some members is premature but of course as development goes it should provide convincing results.

MBAM and Reason Core are good to be your on demand scanners in such way. ;)

L

LabZero

Reason Core Security is a relatively recent program and like all young software can only get better.
The database does not appear to me comparable with Malwarebytes and RC detects better latest malware, although does not detect all anyway.
If I remember correctly (?) the integration of Unchecky remains active in memory, even after the expiration of the thirty day trial, and goes to protect you from installation of PUP and changes to the browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I would like to see on the poll 2 other options.
First one should be - i choose both-
Second one should be -none-.
The answer to the first is that since both products have free versions i can use both of them.
The answer to second option is that if you like another similar program like EEK,HitmanPro or Zemana Anti-Malware
you don't want to use these 2.
Now about the poll, i haven't used RCS yet so i don't have an opinion about it.
So i choose MBAM which is known to be a good and effective program

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.