Reasons Why Windows 10 will be Best Microsoft-Developed Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joslyn

Jun 7, 2015
All the Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users will be upgraded to Windows 10 starting 29 July.
So what does this mean? Does it mean the upgrade is mandatory whether you want it or not, does it just download and install itself without your permission? I personally like my Windows 7 and 8.1 systems, I'm not wanting to upgrade. If that isn't so, I believe the writer of the article could have chosen a better choice of words. Could someone please clarify? I've been trying to find an answer all morning.

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
So what does this mean? Does it mean the upgrade is mandatory whether you want it or not, does it just download and install itself without your permission? I personally like my Windows 7 and 8.1 systems, I'm not wanting to upgrade. If that isn't so, I believe the writer of the article could have chosen a better choice of words. Could someone please clarify? I've been trying to find an answer all morning.

All I can tell you right now is, if you reserved it, it will download without your consent but it will not install without your consent.

Joslyn

Jun 7, 2015
All I can tell you right now is, if you reserved it, it will download without your consent but it will not install without your consent.
How do I know if I've reserved it? I don't think I have and I don't even think I know how.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Joslyn : There are two situations covered on the Windows 10 upgrade process.

1) Some users are been notice the silent download of Windows 10 before July 29 but notification to accept the license agreement is exist for user awareness.

2) Force update which it should pop up first in the Windows Update*

* Unless you tick to automatically download and install from WU configuration.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
mse.png

Another Windows 10 Problem - no way to do a right-click context scan with Windows Defender.

Attachments

• mse.png
    mse.png
    109 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: Der.Reisende

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Some people are afraid to adopt the change while others eagerly wait for new things, I'm currently in love with Windows 10, had waited for months to get the stable release, in a few months many more users will fall in love with it even if they don't take initiative & install it on their machines but they'll see around, read around & will get motivated to try this operating system, no doubt windows 8/8.1 were very buggy & incompatible to many software (I remember had to use windows 7 to use adobe after effects) but afterwards it started giving us better experience then the famous one windows 7. Windows 10 will rock.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I think its too early to say that. After all its been the legacy of MS wherein we feel the pains of MS Vista also. Try for some time the new over hyped OS before coming to conclusions. No DVD playback support has already been talked about. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.