AOMEI backupper, Acronics True Image WD edition

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What version of Windows?
You should use either Avira IS or ESS but not both together unless of course you have a dual boot system and they are used separately
You could consider some additional on demand scanners

Reactions: tonibalas

Gdant

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Eset is on my Internal drive installed on Windows 8.1..
Avira is on my external HD installed on windows 7.
Actually I can use one antivirus to scan other drive so virtually both are working simultaneously. So I don't feel that online demand scanner are required..
If required please give me some reasons and advantages of it over my protection when I have three security software installed?

Reactions: Logethica

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Gdant, thank you for sharing your (dual booted) Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 configuration with us.

I agree with exterminator20.
On demand scanners are light, and when used as secondary scanners, they are often known to catch and isolate malware as well as other infections such as Trojans & (potentially) unwanted programs that traditional anti-viruses can miss on ocassion.
It doesn't hurt.;):)

Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. There is a free version which I use, and they've a paid version you can try free for 30 days.:cool:
Update: A favorite password manager used by many MT members including myself is called LastPass.

It makes life both easier and more secure by utilyzing encryption security as well as filling in fields (anti-keylogging) and providing, essentially, an additional and secure book marks storage known as The Vault!:D

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Gdant my suggestion is to add a second browser (mozzila based) in case you have a problem with Chrome and for on demand scanners you can add Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman pro.
Thanks for sharing your config

Gdant

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Hi! Why do you have Advance System Care Ultimate???
As advised by exterminator "never run two Anti-Virus programs in real time on the same OS"!
Yes donetao you are right, it affects your PC performance but for daily purpose use I disable the real-time protection components Of Advance System Care and can enable it when you have doubt about your PC security..Disabling it will reduce the impact on pc..
Also ASC is useful for more common purposes like registry clean, junk files cleaning ,.... and so on.

Gdant

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Gdant my suggestion is to add a second browser (mozzila based) in case you have a problem with Chrome and for on demand scanners you can add Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman pro.
Thanks for sharing your config
Yes I know.Actually I forgot to write Mozilla there. so it's my mistake..
So for my mistake I would like to share something
I prefer to use mozilla for normal Google search uses..
Guys please read this and spread this word how Mozilla is working hard for really really better Internet world
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Main_Page

Mozilla would not allow Google to track your searches if you browse in Mozilla
Also I would prefer to use duckduckgo.com as search engine instead of Google as Google always track our every search while duckduckgo don't..So once visit the site and choose which one do you want to use.!!

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! ASC will eventually cause you grief. Registry cleaners will cause you more trouble than any good they perform. I could say more about IObit, but it's better left unsaid. Personally I have no use for a thief and I'll leave that subject, as it will only cause more discussions and will serve no purpose here on Malware Tips!
Yes donetao you are right, it affects your PC performance but for daily purpose use I disable the real-time protection components Of Advance System Care and can enable it when you have doubt about your PC security..Disabling it will reduce the impact on pc..
Also ASC is useful for more common purposes like registry clean, junk files cleaning ,.... and so on.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Using Advance System Cleaner may fact works on some features but mostly registry cleaners especially defragmentation can be dangerous unless you stated to use many times.

Likely edit a bit for your configuration in such clearer clarification. :)

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.