Basic Security Recomendations for security honor 50 lite.

Last updated
Aug 4, 2022
Phone brand
HONOR
Phone model
HONOR 50 LITE
Phone OS
Android
Phone OS version
ANDROID
Phone OS updates
Automatic updates
App updates
Automatic, auto-app updates on any connection
Biometric security
    • Apple FaceID / TouchID
    • Fingerprint(s)
SIM card lock
Not protected by a PIN code
Find my Phone
On
Security & Privacy Apps
OPTIMIZADOR I THINK THIS IS QUIHOO EMBEBED IN SYSTEM
Browser
CHROME
Password manager
CHROME
Authenticator
MICROSOFT
Phone & Caller ID
SYSTEM
Messaging
MESSENGER WHATSAPP INSTAGRAM
Music & Podcasts
YOUTUBE
Entertainment
YOUTUBE
File and Photo backup
GOOGLE
Notable changes
NO
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i am a very paranoid person but i take care of my "cybersecurity", I not download things from extrange sites or resources. Only download things from play store. The only extrange app what i use is dark play. I use bank apps on my phone. Never download things from unknow senders and not open links before ask to my contacts if are legit. I am thinking to use an "Android AV" I havea lifetime subscription for bitdefender, but i think Kaspersky is better. What do you think? What should i choose? i see my HONOR 50 lite have an app call "optimizador" this app apparently are a Qhihoo security suite but i am not sure if have realtime protection because never says nothing ¿Do you think this app have conflict whith bitdefender or Kaspersky?

Stargazer_Steve

Level 1
Dec 2, 2022
Hey!

Huawei/Honor uses Avast anti-virus as their security app, with an in-built battery/performance optimiser. So there is no particular need of installing an additional antivirus. I'd recommend ensuring the inbuilt security app is always turned on with its requested permissions enabled, auto-updates enabled and Google play app scanner/security patches set to auto-update as well. Then you're good to go!

However, if you do want slightly more security and peace of mind, then there are some good additional apps in the Google Playstore. ESET has always been my go to, it has solid phishing protection which works with the majority of browsers found in the app store. It also has solid anti-theft protection for remote locking/wiping/finding your device if lost or stolen, and it's very light on performance. Kaspersky is also a solid choice, it's light on resources and has excellent features. It is just as good as ESET if not slightly better, but the browser phishing protection only supports the Google Chrome browser unfortunately. Again, Bitdefender is a good choice, but would be my 3rd choice over the 2 others, due to it being more performance heavy, and also needing an additional app (Bitdefender Central) installed to access all of its features.

A free alternative would be Sophos Intercept X which has web filtering/phishing protection & link protection. It's a very solid app in my opinion, especially for being free. It doesn't have anti-theft features though, but android phones do have in-built find my device via Google which you could use if needed. (Providing you use a Google account logged into your phone).

But from what I have gathered, you use your phone with good common sense and have an understanding of potential cybersecurity threats, so using the in-built protection may be your best choice to ensure the best performance for your phone. Choosing a browser like Brave with shields on or Firefox with the UBlock extension added, will also provide a little more protection from phishing links.
^^ This would be my main suggestion for you 😁

Hope this helps!

Edit: When you go to the optimiser app, click on virus scan and then in the bottom right hand side of the corner, it should show which vendor it is powered by. To the best of my knowledge it's Avast based on my old Huawei P20 & my partners old HONOR 50 phone. Some countries may differ and use other providers though, but be assured it'll still protect your phone just fine. (Just if you wanted complete clarification as to who the provider is!)

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.