Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I quite like Avast's interface and the fact that it automatically blocks whatever threat so it's really good for users who don't know what to do, but I've recently changed to Qihoo 360TS because it has better detection ratios and also gives you a chance to whitelist a file if you know for sure that it is a false postitive.

Reactions: Manzai

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I quite like Avast's interface and the fact that it automatically blocks whatever threat so it's really good for users who don't know what to do, but I've recently changed to Qihoo 360TS because it has better detection ratios and also gives you a chance to whitelist a file if you know for sure that it is a false postitive.

You can do that with Avast too

MSE / Windows Defender

I had setup a PC with that years ago, on a Limited User for everyday use..

Reactions: MalwareT

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Serious ? :D

Windows Defender in Windows 8 is suitable enough assuming you apply just a little common sense, be careful with what you download and what websites you visit. Use it in combination with Windows UAC, Windows SmartScreen and Windows Firewall.

Don't go running unknown executables and make sure you only download from trusted websites such as Softpedia, Filehippo and Majorgeeks if possible.

I've been using Windows Defender in Windows 8 since the day it released and have not been infected, if I can do it right so can others.

Of course it doesn't hurt to have second opinion on-demand scanners like Malwarebytes & Hitman Pro for assurance.

Thanks.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Windows Defender in Windows 8 is suitable enough assuming you apply just a little common sense, be careful with what you download and what websites you visit. Use it in combination with Windows UAC, Windows SmartScreen and Windows Firewall.

Don't go running unknown executables and make sure you only download from trusted websites such as Softpedia, Filehippo and Majorgeeks if possible.

I've been using Windows Defender in Windows 8 since the day it released and have not been infected, if I can do it right so can others.

Of course it doesn't hurt to have second opinion on-demand scanners like Malwarebytes & Hitman Pro for assurance.

Thanks.

Not for your average Joe

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
WSA is the lightest out there. But light for one does not necessarily mean light for another. We all have different pc's with different specs. KIS and BIS kill my laptop and that is with a core i5 and 12GB of ram. Avast,Eset and WSA are all extremely light. No one should be using 360 till they fix the flaws in it.

Reactions: vindiesel
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.