Battle Recommended Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Any wise shopper knows how to look for deals. I bought WSA for a mere $5. Eset Antivirus for $15. If that is too much for you then you have isssues. As far as sticking to just free. Only one choice and that is Avast.

That's not too much for me....but they re not categorised as free AVs.
Furthurmore,you can find lots of giveaways to use paid products for free(3 to 9 months)
Kaspersky,Bitdefender,ESET,even WSA you ve bought, have these giveaways.....so what?

Can any reviewer mention these options as free softwares when he has an article about "The Best Free Products 2014"?!!!:cool:

Regarding the second section of your post(Avast Free),I agree with you :)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
All the products I posted above are good in protection, removal and response time. If you wanna have something "lightweight" then use what works good on your PC, the protection level will not be "that good".

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
from one of biggest forums on Spain: (I now "biggest" and only 485, but it's a subforum)
upload_2014-8-13_22-40-55.png

Reactions: phyniks

Windy

Aug 22, 2014
You recommend Hitman Pro's free version as the final step in removing malware, but when I went to download it Google Chrome gave a warning: "Setup.exe is malicious and Chrome has blocked it." I followed all the other steps and my computer appears to be free of all malware and pups, should I attempt to download this program via another browser or just not bother with it at all?

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Hitman Pro does extremely well as an on-demand scanner.
If chrome is blocking it, try a different download site, or try the vendors site.
If still blocked, get off chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.