Recovering disc, correct for model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
I am thinking I would like to order a restore disc for my refurbished laptop that I got off ebay 2 years ago..I went to the Asus Estore but I am kinda clueless as to what I'm doing..is this the correct disc that I need? http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?..._detail&p=3944

Can I still order it if this is a refurbished laptop and have it work correctly?

My model is ASUS G74SX-1ATY, Windows 7 Home Premium

Also, when I click on my AI Recovery Burner program it says: "The factory default backup is deleted. You cannot use AI Recovery to create a backup of the factory default settings." Does this affect using a recovery disc? Thanks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Instructions for Purchasing Recovery Software

You must provide your product serial number in the “Serial Number” box in the section above.

How do I find my product serial number?

Recovery software is model specific and orders will only be accepted if they are based on the original specifications of your model.

The recovery software must contain the Operating System that was originally purchased with your unit.

How do I find my Operating System information?
Note 1: All recovery software orders will go through a serial number verification process and any orders received that do not meet the above requirements will result in processing delays.
d
Note 2: Recovery software purchases are NON-REFUNDABLE and when placing your order you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth for all software purchases detailed in the FAQ section.

Disclaimer: Before using the recovery disc, ASUS recommends backing up all your personal data files to a USB storage device or network drive and make note of any customized configuration settings (such as network settings).

As you follow the instruction then you came to the right track, just provide the serial number mentioned.

The burner program is likely different so if you have already a recovery disc then just fire it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.