Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WOW ! that involved at lot of brainstorming hahahahaha
They are the pinnacle of Generic Product Labelling.

Windows Phone - yes, it's a phone.
Windows 10 Mobile - yes, it's the mobile version of Windows 10
Anniversary Update - yes, it's the first major update
October 2018 Update - yes, the update is out in October 2018

Just in.. news from 2048: Announcing the Microsoft Car. It's a car... that you can drive.

Reactions: Tiny and oldschool
L

Local Host

They are the pinnacle of Generic Product Labelling.

Windows Phone - yes, it's a phone.
Windows 10 Mobile - yes, it's the mobile version of Windows 10
Anniversary Update - yes, it's the first major update
October 2018 Update - yes, the update is out in October 2018

Just in.. news from 2048: Announcing the Microsoft Car. It's a car... that you can drive.
The way it's going, you won't be driving "cars" by 2048 :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: oldschool

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
but in cotober in next year or any future .. if any big update comes too will be called october update too? this will confuse abouth versions

L

Local Host

but in cotober in next year or any future .. if any big update comes too will be called october update too? this will confuse abouth versions
It wont since it has the year, would be way harder to keep track with all the different names.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The way it's going, you won't be driving "cars" by 2048 :ROFLMAO:
Off-topic reply:
20 years might seem like a long time, but it really isn't. Even if we reach Level 5 Autonomous Vehicles, no city has the infrastructure to support a fully driverless environment - not within the 20 year time frame or when people prefer to drive cars themselves. There's also the cost of these newer vehicles..

1536084543347.png
Image Source: Driverless Cars - The Race to Level 5 Autonomous Vehicles

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Whoopee! Another big update... I'm beside myself with joy at the prospect of a HUGE update rammed down my throat just WHEN I don't want it and then theres all the silencing to do afterwards.... *jumps for joy* :emoji_neutral_face:

L

Local Host

Off-topic reply:
20 years might seem like a long time, but it really isn't. Even if we reach Level 5 Autonomous Vehicles, no city has the infrastructure to support a fully driverless environment - not within the 20 year time frame or when people prefer to drive cars themselves. There's also the cost of these newer vehicles..

View attachment 197066
Image Source: Driverless Cars - The Race to Level 5 Autonomous Vehicles
I'll be driving the car myself until they make a law that prohibit it.

Oh wow.

I guess I just imagined it.

View attachment 197081

Yes. You are imagining it.

Do you even know the definition of bashing ?

Bashing is verbal abuse and unfounded criticism.

The people that most often use the word bashing are Fanboi sockpuppets. Fanbois sockpuppets invariably pervert the term bashing to include any and all criticisms - even fair criticism. Fanbois sockpuppets are too emotionally involved. They cannot handle the truth.

Fair and carefully measured criticism is not bashing.

I don't think it is bashing when a large portion (or faction, if you will) of an entire industry pretty much is in agreement that Windows suxx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Yes. You are imagining it.

Do you even know the definition of bashing ?

Bashing is verbal abuse and unfounded criticism.

The people that most often use the word bashing are Fanboi sockpuppets. Fanbois sockpuppets invariably pervert the term bashing to include any and all criticisms - even fair criticism. Fanbois sockpuppets are too emotionally involved. They cannot handle the truth.

Fair and carefully measured criticism is not bashing.

I don't think it is bashing when a large portion (or faction, if you will) of an entire industry pretty much is in agreement that Windows suxx.

Laughing.... you are out of your league.

So you looked up 'bashing' -- but you didn't match it in your usage. If you are going to argue a definition, at least try to get is all straight.

>>"The people that most often use the word bashing are Fanboi sockpuppets."

This part is especially funny. YOU are the one who used the term.

So you have an axe to grind with Microsoft. Yeah, we all get it. If you can't admit it -- that's sorta your emotional issue. Try to get over it.

Reactions: Local Host

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Microsoft always has it bashers, but for me W10 has worked flawlessly on a 6 year old desktop, no issues with updates either, I just tweak it and turn off all the telemetry settings. People have issues with W10 and they blame Microsoft, well just maybe its their computer with a million craptastic programs installed? With all the possible configurations possible (billions) regarding software combinations I would say that if W10 runs ok on 98 % of computers than they are doing a fantastic job.

As far as data gathering goes, if you want privacy then don't go on the internet, its just that simple.

Ahhh, a refreshingly different and welcome view! Craptastic - I like that one! :LOL:

Reactions: Burrito

Laughing.... you are out of your league.

So you looked up 'bashing' -- but you didn't match it in your usage. If you are going to argue a definition, at least try to get is all straight.

>>"The people that most often use the word bashing are Fanboi sockpuppets."

This part is especially funny. YOU are the one who used the term.

So you have an axe to grind with Microsoft. Yeah, we all get it. If you can't admit it -- that's sorta your emotional issue. Try to get over it.

Nope.

The post with the definition is accurate. You're the one who used it to mean something for which it was never intended, but I had to point that out to you.

I meant using the word bashing out of context - and I qualified what I meant, but it is obvious that you didn't understand what I was saying. What I clearly stated was it is fanbois that pervert the word "bashing" for their own purpose to include even the fairest of criticisms - because they can't handle the truth. The meaning of what I posted is clear enough.

Emotional over Microsoft ? I don't think so. And you can take up all the criticisms of Windows with an entire industry that has an axe to grind with Microsoft. Oh please, don't even pretend like I am the only one. And I've always freely admitted my dislike of a lot of what Microsoft does and how they do it. However, my dislike is not unfounded - without basis - and is well within agreement with, like I said previously, an entire section of the industry.

You're the one who is trying to make this personal - and it isn't going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Nope.

The post with the definition is accurate. You're the one who used it to mean something for which it was never intended, but I had to point that out to you.

I meant using the word bashing out of context - and I qualified what I meant, but it is obvious that you didn't understand what I was saying.

Emotional over Microsoft ? I don't think so. And you can take up all the criticisms of Windows with an entire industry that has an axe to grind with Microsoft. Oh please, don't even pretend like I am the only one. And I've always freely admitted my dislike of a lot of what Microsoft does and how they do it. However, my dislike is not unfounded - without basis - and is within agreement with, like I said previously, an entire section of the industry.

You're the one who is trying to make this personal - and it isn't going to work.

Really.... you can't look up the thread and see that I never used the term except referencing you defining it?

It's strange how you move from thread to thread with axes to grind.... accusing others of getting emotionally involved.... and accusing others of making things personal.

What is the common point in this equation?

I'm done with you.

Reactions: Local Host

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
With every update, 3rd party AVs become less and less relevant. The true anti-virus has always been and will always be: Updates. Malware writers cannot catch up with Microsoft's Ubuntu update cycle. Their malware only works on older versions. If Microsoft can manage to have everyone on the latest build, the era of malware will soon be over.... well until someone comes up with AI-malware. Thank god malware writers are too lazy to incorporate truly powerful tools.

Really.... you can't look up the thread and see that I never used the term except referencing you defining it?

It's strange how you move from thread to thread with axes to grind.... accusing others of getting emotionally involved.... and accusing others of making things personal.

What is the common point in this equation?

I'm done with you.

You're the one who insinuated that there is bashing happening in this thread, when there isn't any, here:

Oh wow.

I guess I just imagined it.

View attachment 197081

Stating the facts about Windows isn't grinding an axe. It is simply stating the facts. Stop trying to make it out that my position is anything other than a reasonable one.

Obviously you are the one who is perturbed, and I am not. Just proves my point.

If you can't read what I post and not get upset and then reply with a drama post, then don't read what I post.

Simple as that.

L

Local Host

With every update, 3rd party AVs become less and less relevant. The true anti-virus has always been and will always be: Updates. Malware writers cannot catch up with Microsoft's Ubuntu update cycle. Their malware only works on older versions. If Microsoft can manage to have everyone on the latest build, the era of malware will soon be over.... well until someone comes up with AI-malware. Thank god malware writers are too lazy to incorporate truly powerful tools.
That pretty much what Microsoft been trying to do, but the paranoid humans got mad and started bashing Microsoft for forcing Updates. I know people who run W7 and have WU disabled, they'll blame Microsoft if they get infected, while it's their fault for not being Updated.

Black hats take advantage of them, they make it to easy.

That pretty much what Microsoft been trying to do, but the paranoid humans got mad and started bashing Microsoft for forcing Updates. I know people who run W7 and have WU disabled, they'll blame Microsoft if they get infected, while it's their fault for not being Updated.

Black hats take advantage of them, they make it to easy.

Criticizing Microsoft for forced updates that people do\did not want is not bashing. It is a legitimate complaint. And given that so many updates cause so many home users problems, the critizism is fully justified. Enterprises have up 18 months to delay updates and upgrades. And why ? It is because many Windows Updates\Upgrades wreck things and cause breakages.

Microsoft did pay out $10,000 for smashing a woman's systems with the forced W10 upgrade that she repeatedly tried to block. Microsoft admitted wrong-doing by paying the woman $10,000 - despite a Windows EULA that basically says "No matter what, it's always the user's fault.."

And having WU disabled is wholly a matter of personal choice. Every user has the right to have their system compromised if they do not wish to enable WU.

The major complaint is that Microsoft hasn't been able to get it right after twenty plus years of the same Windows Update problems over-and-over. Microsoft is the one who, through various decisions and actions, created and perpetuated the bewilderingly complex ecosystem. So it is their responsibility to effectively deal with it, but they can't, and that's many a person's gripe against Microsoft.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

Yep. It's always easy to take shots at the market leader. But there is a reason Microsoft is in the position that it is in. Plenty of reasons actually.

In the meantime.... Lockdown goes thread to thread with his Microsoft axe to grind... editing and re-editing his posts as he perseverates (gets overly emotionally involved) with this message board.

Yep. It's always easy to take shots at the market leader. But there is a reason Microsoft is in the position that it is in. Plenty of reasons actually.

Windows is so awesome that Microsoft lost 170,000,000 base installs over the last six months.

In the meantime.... Lockdown goes thread to thread with his Microsoft axe to grind... editing and re-editing his posts as he perseverates (gets overly emotionally involved) with this message board.

But... but... I thought you liked me. I'm devastated. Crushed. I'll never be the same.

:X3:

You made me laugh.

Good one.

Reactions: In2an3_PpG
L

Local Host

When comparing companies like Microsoft we need to go by % and not numbers, as the userbase of Microsoft is way larger than the competition. Going by % Microsoft been successful, most of the issues people have with Windows Updates are related to third-party software and hardware.

I'm being among the cases where I been using W10 even before the first stable release, and I never got a single issue with Windows Updates, never seen a bluescreen on my personal computer since the upgrade to W10 as well.

My Settings only got reset once on the first major upgrade, and I never had apps installed without my consent. So W10 is pretty much part of the family now, I haven't seen a W7 machine in years, even at work all the companies I been to, have fully migrated to W10.

Fun fact a little unrelated, despise statistics, I haven't seen a single Linux Server in a decade (everyone is using Windows Server) and I tend to go around the country into multiple companies.

Ignore Lockdown, is a waste of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.