Advice Request Refreshing windows 8

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Not sure if this is right section, but as I want to refresh my OS, thought I'd get some feedback.
I run windows 8.1 but as my system has 8 built in, if I refresh, I have to reinstall 8.1 which takes ages to do... You know, all the "setting up", multiple restarts, etc.
Has anyone got any faster method of reinstalling 8.1 as I don't want to sit around for 90 minutes just waiting for it to finish configuring and all that?

If there's no quicker way, fair enough. Just on the off chance one of you guys has a shortcut kind of thing ;)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could download the 8.1 ISO image from Microsoft (Google this), but you'll need a spare License Key. The Win 8 license won't work on 8.1.
However, the upgrade from 8 to 8.1 via Windows Store is free, but it takes a lot of time depending on your Internet connection and / or any driver updates.

Don't tell the security freaks, but I'm still using Windows 8.0. :p

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Exactly what I've done in the past, using the free upgrade from the Store, but it takes aaaaaaaages :(

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.