Reinstalling Windows and drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
After installing Windows 7 32 bit, I cannot connect to the internet. It says drivers are not available.
It is a HP desktop, so does hp provide these drivers? I went looking anyway and started and cancelled the download because HP's servers are very slow and the downloads are averaging 10 KB/s.
What has to be installed and are there alternative sites to hp?

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It is a HP desktop, so does hp provide these drivers?
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support download the Wireless connectivity driver from here. If you don't have a wired connection, you can download on another machine and transfer.

What has to be installed and are there alternative sites to hp?
If the download speed is too slow at the above link and if you have a Wired connection already, you can install IoBit Driver Booster that will show certified drivers missing in your laptop along with available updates.
There's an opinion that some drivers shown by such apps are not stable to use. That shouldn't be the case with the wireless driver. I recommend not to download/update other drivers. Just look for the Wireless driver it suggests and download it.
There are alternatives though, like Drivereasy.

Last edited:

Bombus

Level 2
Verified
Jun 12, 2016
RVS2, look for a folder in C named Windows.old . You will find old drivers . It helped me once when i was looking for drivers for my hp.

Reactions: RVS2 and shmu26

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
you can try 3dp net: 3DP Net download
it supports offline installation of internet drivers but I may not support all drivers because it's only ~132Mb

another option is snappy driver installer. I just downloaded wifi and LAN drivers to use offline when I need to fix other people's PCs
I think snappy supports almost all/or all drivers due to its driver folder size (>400Mb)

after you install the (temporary or suitable) driver, you can find the most compatible driver on HP website if you want or just use it until something wrong happens

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support download the Wireless connectivity driver from here. If you don't have a wired connection, you can download on another machine and transfer.

If the download speed is too slow at the above link and if you have a Wired connection already, you can install IoBit Driver Booster that will show certified drivers missing in your laptop along with available updates.
There's an opinion that some drivers shown by such apps are not stable to use. That shouldn't be the case with the wireless driver. I recommend not to download/update other drivers. Just look for the Wireless driver it suggests and download it.
There are alternatives though, like Drivereasy.
This is the list. What all do i download first?

Attachments

• p1 - Copy.png
    p1 - Copy.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 371

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
This is the list. What all do i download first?
The 'Ralink 802.11n Wireless LAN' is the primary one needed. Download, install it, reboot and see how things work.
'Intel My WIFI and Wireless LAN driver' is another wireless driver, not sure if it is installed already or even needed. We will look into that later if the first one doesn't solve the WLAN connection.

Reactions: RVS2

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@RVS2 if the connection is too slow or unstable, you can either use IDM or DAP for multi-threading speed and good connectivity. Or if you've Firefox installed, "DownThemAll" is a superb addon for downloading huge files.

Reactions: RVS2

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
The 'Ralink 802.11n Wireless LAN' is the primary one needed. Download, install it, reboot and see how things work.
'Intel My WIFI and Wireless LAN driver' is another wireless driver, not sure if it is installed already or even needed. We will look into that later if the first one doesn't solve the WLAN connection.
It works now. The hp site was finally working.

Reactions: Parsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.