Status
Not open for further replies.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
So obviously i´ve been a member since -11 but must say i´ve not been very active!
So thx to MetalShaun for pointing me back here!

Recently developed a burning desire to understand how malware behaves, hides and is dicovered and removed using varios tools.
It all started with a little piece of persistant malware which i got help to remove and here i am, eager to learn and eventually, hopefully, help others to get rid of their infections.

The challange for me is that i´m selftought. I have no previous training or education in computers/programming/malware so the learning curve is quite steep, especially since there are no info on where to begin. So i´m just reading and testing in a virtual OS´s as much as possible atm!

My goal is to be able to interpret a scanlog from ie DDS/Farbar/OTL and see what processes/regkeys are infected or belongs to malware and from there take a course of action using different cleaningtools.
Noted that a loganalyzer helps tremendeous but does not pick up all.

So any suggestions where to continue is appriciated!

Note: English is not my native language, so if it looks strange from time to time, just correct me! ;)

//nclr out!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Welcome back to MalwareTips. :welcomewave:

Enjoy your stay. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Geez, welcome back to the site. Didn't even know that you were an oldy when it comes to MalwareTips. :p

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
McLovin said:
Geez, welcome back to the site. Didn't even know that you were an oldy when it comes to MalwareTips. :p

Old on MalwareTips, new to malwares! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.