Released - Acronis True Image Home 2012 15 Build 6131

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Acronis True Image Home 2012 15 Build 6131 has been released (about 24 hours ago more or less)

Change log/Release notes

Release Notes for Acronis True Image Home 2012 Update 1

-List of fixed issues:

*Acronis True Image Home 2012 doesn't detect hard disk drives after installing it over a previous Acronis True Image Home version;

*Acronis True Image Home 2012 may fail to create Acronis Rescue Media with the error "Cannot load required components: ti_boot.so";

*Backup to a Synology NAS fails with the error "Access is denied";

*Hard drives sometimes are not detected under Windows after Acronis True Image Home 2012 installation;

*Acronis True Image Home 2012 displays the error message "Error while writing PEM file" when attempting to log into Acronis account;

*Data located in the subfolders of a synchronized folder may disappear after synchronizing it with Acronis Online Storage;

*Installation fails with rollback and "error CustomAction _USRCUSTACT_MsiCustomActionInstall_VddApi returned actual error code 1603";

*Nothing happens if a user clicks "Connect" for a NAS folder in the Sync creation wizard;

*Upgrade from Acronis True Image Home 2011 to Acronis True Image Home 2012 fails with the "Installation has failed. The value can't be found." error message;

*A new sync does not appear after clicking Create New Sync;

*Backup to a QNAP NAS fails with the "access denied" error message, NAS subfolders can't be browsed;

*GUI hangs for 1 minute during program start if a mapped share is unavailable;

*The "configure disk backup process" window in multiple partitions selection view should contain 5-6 partitions by default (if there are many partitions in the system);

*An unlettered storage device is always selected as a source when editing the single partition backup settings;

*The Online backup created by Acronis True Image Home 2011 isn't listed in the Recover menu of Acronis True Image Home 2012 after upgrade;

*The error "Failed to update snapman driver" appears when trying to upgrade Acronis True Image Home 10 (10.0.0.4942) to Acronis True Image Home 2012
Rollback during upgrade of Acronis True Image Home 2011 to Acronis True Image Home 2012;

*The "recover" function cannot browse xlsx\txt\docx files after the files have been edited;

*The error "Failed to open (initialize) the computer" may appear during the Clone operation;

*Activation works incorrectly after upgrading Acronis True Image Home 2012 from the trial version to the full one;

*Acronis True Image Home 2012 is seen as de-activated 30 days after activation;

*Acronis True Image Home 2012 fails to restore deep level files by drag and drop;

*Acronis True Image Home 2012 creates long backup names after changing a USB
storage device, and does not delete previous backup versions;

*On an expanded backup plate the "backup is valid" banner is not seen after validation.

-List of known issues:

**Incremental backups created by Acronis True Image Home 2012 when Microsoft Outlook is open differ in size from the same backups created when Microsoft Outlook is closed;

**The disk recovery options saved as default are not kept after reboot;

**Queued backup tasks run in a random order and not in the order in which they were queued;

**Acronis True Image Home 2012 is unable to browse for the files located at Western Digital MyBook World Edition. You need to use a full UNC path to get access to them;

**Sometimes installation may fail with the error "CustomAction _USRCUSTACT_MsiSyncAgentServiceInstall_SyncAgent returned actual error code 1603". In this case, please ask the Support team for the clean-up tool and install the application for "the current user only";

**During restore, the boot media fails to pass through the credentials entry window on an UnRAID device running v4.5.6 Pro, LimeTech RB1200;

**Acronis True Image Home 2012 may prevent a USB flash drive from being properly detected under Windows. A fix will be available soon;

**The "Cleanup by number of versions" option does not work for Acronis Online Backup;

**A new "SyncMe" sync is created after each update or reinstall of Acronis True Image Home 2012;

**Acronis True Image Home 2012 may prevent USB cards from being properly read by Windows through card readers. If this occurs, please reconnect the card reader with the already installed card;

**Syncagentsrv.exe may crash if Acronis True Image Home 2012 is removed after updating to build 6131. However, the removal will complete successfully;

**Live Update does not work for Windows Home Server 2003. To install fresh updates, users need to download and install them manually.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Few issues solved and still some remaining, but still a good product I must say, you use this? How often do they patch known issues...

P

Plexx

Thread author
I was using version 2011 until recently upgraded to version 2012 and just upgraded to latest build, however I have now reverted back to version 2011 for three specific reason:
**The disk recovery options saved as default are not kept after reboot;

**Queued backup tasks run in a random order and not in the order in which they were queued;

**Acronis True Image Home 2012 may prevent a USB flash drive from being properly detected under Windows. A fix will be available soon.

On version 2011 they patched a couple of times, last one being Acronis True Image Home 2011 Build 6942, which was patched on the 29th of September 2011 and that is the version I have reverted to.

In case anyone is interested on Acronis True Image Home 2011 Build 6942 release notes, they are here.

A couple of years back I was a Norton Ghost user but had problems several times and a co-worker introduced me to Acronis.

The price for 1 PC is $49.99 while for 3 is $79.99 but I don't know if you can still get the 2011 license.

Lucky I didn't upgrade my license as I was using the 30 days trial without the add-on pack.

For 2011 I do have the add-on Pack.

Overall I am satisfied with Acronis. Sure there are free alternatives but I can justify paying for Acronis.

Note: For those interested in the Add-on Pack, read here.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Acronis = Expensive bloat
Paragon Free,Easeus Todo and Macrium = Light and free

Acronis was good years ago but its filled with so much bloat that they should give it away. Still overall a good product. Reminds when you compare Nero to ImgBurn.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Maximus said:
Acronis = Expensive bloat
Paragon Free,Easeus Todo and Macrium = Light and free

Acronis was good years ago but its filled with so much bloat that they should give it away. Still overall a good product. Reminds when you compare Nero to ImgBurn.

One thing about Easeus is: Easeus free edition has no bootable recovery CD.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
You are incorrect. Easeus Todo 3.0 and 3.5 has FULL WinPE support. I have never seen any backup/disk imaging software that does not have the ability to make a bootable recovery cd. Certain products, such as Paragon do not have WinPE support but still has a bootable Linux recovery.

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software-features.htm

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/backup-bootableCD.htm

P

Plexx

Thread author
I rather stick to Acronis in my opinion and no I don't consider it bloated.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Some say it is, some don't either way it's good at what it does, but you can get the same without the forking out of money. I've often heard people say and use the term bloated for this product, so Maximus do you care to expand on your opinion why it is bloated for us please so we can all discuss.

If it's okay with you Biozfear as would not want to de-rail your topic/thread that you so kindly made for us all.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Sure I can expand on that. Anyone can actually test it for themselves. First lets look at the download sizes:

Acronis =213 MB
Easeus = 89 MB

Now after installing Acronis you will have about 5-6 extra processes running. 3-4 are start ups and 2 are services. I could be wrong but that was months ago when I tried it. After installing Easeus you will have 2 processes. One startup and once service. Both of which can be disable and not effect how the program works. The service needs to be set to manual. The services for Acronis cannot however be disabled or set to manual cause if you do the program doesn't work. Again I will stress that paying for something that your OS can do for free is absurd but to each his own.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for explaining in more detail, totally agree with what you put, but it's still a viable product for most people no doubt. Such a shame they feel the need to make it so resource heavy. Even with all that we all agree that it's good at what it does but why pay is the feeling some of us think.

Was actually thinking about getting it for a family member, but have since dismissed that thought.

P

Plexx

Thread author
AyeAyeCaptain said:
Some say it is, some don't either way it's good at what it does, but you can get the same without the forking out of money. I've often heard people say and use the term bloated for this product, so Maximus do you care to expand on your opinion why it is bloated for us please so we can all discuss.

If it's okay with you Biozfear as would not want to de-rail your topic/thread that you so kindly made for us all.

Its fine AyeAye :)

Everyone has their opinions so it's all good:)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Maximus said:
Now after installing Acronis you will have about 5-6 extra processes running. 3-4 are start ups and 2 are services. I could be wrong but that was months ago when I tried it.

Right, check this for ATI 2012, i love the program but all those is too much when compared to Paragon or Easeus.
I used it for long time (2011 and tried 2012) but i abandonned it. Not to say my boot time was faster after removing it.

http://kb.acronis.com/content/24019

The services for Acronis cannot however be disabled or set to manual cause if you do the program doesn't work.

Right again, this service is Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc), if set to manual ATI will not work.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Maximus said:
Of course I am right. Lol

Hahaha, yes, i just add water to your mill ;) (dont know if this expression exist in English)

P

Plexx

Thread author
Would the Paragon conflict with the Dell Datasafe Local Backup by any chance?

I would give it a try on my Laptop and compare along with ATI. My second config is running Paragon but I have used it once so far.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
The first thing I did after getting my Dell is get rid of the Dell crap such as DataSafe. You do not need any preinstalled software to make your pc run. Best advice is to uninstall it. Paragon does not run in real time and either does Easeus or Macrium. They are on demand disk imaging programs so no conflicts. Also Windows 7 Backup and Recovery is very good. I use both Easues and Windows 7 Backup.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Well I was going to remove the Dell Datasafe but last update did something to the recovery partition so I haven't removed it, despite having backups via ATI.

I will give it a try on my dell with Paragon or would you recommend another free option?

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Paragon,Easeus and Macrium are all good. Your recovery partition only brings your pc back to the state it was in brand new. It does not store anything you added to your pc. Using a disk imaging program is better then any recovery partition out there.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I guess I will try out Macrium Reflect Free to see how it goes against Paragon.

Thanks for the help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.