RemoveTheAdApp 3.5 need help to remove

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
Hey your other thread is locked for some reason.. can you please help me with this Malware(RemoveTheAdApP) Sorry by the way I dont understand how to use this forum or anything here at all): so i just replied here^^
By the way everything is very slow on the computer and download is like 50kb/s

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    37.9 KB · Views: 93
  • aswMBR.txt
    432 bytes · Views: 65
  • FRST.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
I got it off the computer and things seem to work fine now but I'm having a problem with very slow internet, its random and I can see it drop to 5mp/s at some points. Sometimes its at 39mb/s sometimes 72m/s its very random. Do you think this is just an issue with the provider or could there be something wrong with the computer. By the way when I tried downloading something it just wouldn't download, chrome said it "finish in 1 day," then went to "4 days..." Then it stops downloading

Last edited:

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
A little update on that... this drop only happens on my phone. On the computer I'm running a constant 54 MB/s. But still the download goes from 1 day, to 3 days, to 1 hour, and it jumps around and sometimes stops downloading. Same thing happens on different browsers.. just downloads extremely slow!

Last edited:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    gpt.ini;z 
    C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy;v
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GroupPolicy;v 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
Every time I download this program when i open it it says it doesn't support my PC or something along those lines and leaves a message in the middle which no matter how many times i close out of it pops right back up... I end up restarting the computer and deleting the program
Update: i played with it for a while and got it to run finally so i will do the scan soon and upload it ty

Last edited:

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
So its been running over 2 hours now, and I don't have an antivirus or anything.. like the program is running and when I click scan again it says please wait zoek is still running and keeps on working but why such a long time? I will let it run overnight and see what happends

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
I dont have an antivirus.. windows defender is off. I let it run overnight and it was still on processes, I'm sure it shouldn't take more then 7-8 hours so i just restarted the computer again.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Ok, forget about Zoek.

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 120

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
Ohhh so that's it? I already did the fix list from another user and the extension was gone, there's no other cleanup procedures?

rond997

Thread author
Mar 14, 2014
I already ran a fixlist couple days ago from someone else's post and it worked for me aswell so thank you. But could this malware have anything to do with internet problems at all?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.