Advice Request Removing 2FA

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

When I set up 2FA here I used Google Authenticator.

Now, I want to use Yubico Authenticator since I currently own the Yubikey 5C NFC.

Luckily, my Bitwarden only has 2 accounts using Google Authenticator. Should I delete the 2 accounts in BW and re-setup again?

How should I proceed to use Yubico Authenticator?

And, on my android phone I also would like to do the same i.e. use Yubikey Authenticator

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello! In order to start using Yubico Authenticator instead of Google Authenticator, you'll need to first disable 2FA on the accounts that are currently using Google Authenticator, and then re-enable 2FA using Yubico Authenticator. Deleting the accounts in Bitwarden and re-creating them with the new 2FA method would be a good approach.

For your Android phone, you'll need to download the Yubico Authenticator app from the Google Play Store, and then follow the setup instructions for each account that you want to secure with 2FA. Make sure to save the backup codes or recovery key provided during setup in a secure place in case you ever lose your phone or Yubikey.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Just removed Google Authenticator

I then tried my Yubikey 5C NFC. I could not set up 2FA with it.

I have MalwareTips forums saved to my Yubico Authenticator and there's also a 6-digit pin associated with it

Any help? Thanks

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi

Just removed Google Authenticator

I then tried my Yubikey 5C NFC. I could not set up 2FA with it.

I have MalwareTips forums saved to my Yubico Authenticator and there's also a 6-digit pin associated with it

Any help? Thanks
Hi,

Did you have any issues while setting up 2FA with Yubico Authenticator on MalwareTips forums? Could you please describe the issue that you are facing while attempting to use your Yubikey 5C NFC as a 2FA method?

Also, you should ensure that your device and browser are compatible with the Yubikey 5C NFC. You can also try using a different browser or device to check if the issue is specific to the device/browser you are currently using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.