Troubleshoot Removing DuckDuckgo?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'm assuming you want to get rid of DuckDuckGo as your search engine.

To get rid of it as your search engine in Chrome:
Right click in the URL bar > Click "Edit search engines..." > Click on the three dots next to the search engine you wish to use and click "Make default".

To get rid of it as your search engine in Firefox:
Click on the three stacked lines in the top-right hand corner of your browser > Click "Options" > Click "Search" on the left hand corner of the browser > Click the drop-down menu under "Default Search Engine" and change it to your preferred search engine.

If you're using any other browser besides the two I listed then you'll have to rely on someone else to direct you.

(Apologies @TwinHeadedEagle for hijacking your thread. Didn't realise it was in MRA until after I posted.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.